3* CB Jason Stokes committed to Utah

Viewing 1 reply thread

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

should we be concerned that the only 4* we’ve picked up is Thatcher for the ’25 class so far? then again, Utah is a development program.

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

6’3 185lbs Offers from LSU (they made a strong last push) TCU, Arizona and many more. Sharrief is gonna make him a stud.

krindor
        Ute Fan
        @krindor

Not at this point. Lots of the better recruits commit later. And there’s a lot of difference between a high 3 star and a low 3 star. More than. There is between a high 3 star and a low 4 star. I’d like to see just about everyone at 87+ (which this guy is)

4 1

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

It’s a nice theory that there will be higher rated recruits available late, and Whitt used to be able to get a 4 star or two right before signing day (Phillips, Wilmore). And then there was the ’24 class where everyone on Utah’s offer list committed elsewhere and the last 4 or 5 commits were in the 84/85 range.

I think the only rule is that there really isn’t a rule so load up on the best kids you can get and then keep working your relationships with kids who’ve committed elsewhere hoping that you can convince one or two higher rated kids to flip.

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

People normally complain that we don’t get any commits in June- so which is it? Also, we will see ratings bumps on some of these guys…

Rick Walker
              Ute Fan
              @big2890

This is my take on it, let’s see where they’re rated come signing day before we get too stressed over star ratings

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

I was responding to the notion that: Lots of the better recruits commit later. I’m actually pleased that Utah is well ahead of it’s historical in terms of # of recruits committed at this point.

With NIL and the transfer portal, I don’t think that Whitt’s plan from the late teens of waiting until the big boys had filled their classes and hoping that a couple of higher rated recruits would fall into his lap is as valid a strategy anymore.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

If this is how the class shapes out, yes, we need to be concerned. The days of developing players are over. Until they have to sign a contract, there’s no guarantee they’ll stick around. You spend all that time developing them, and they can bail whenever they want.

Having said that, I’m not concerned. I think we’ll see the higher rated players commit later on.

3 1

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

We should never be concerned about recruiting. The portal has made high school recruiting almost irrelevant.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Agreed. You don’t know who’s going to be here from one minute to the next. The Utes have seen 2 QB’s leave in the middle of the season their freshman year, and IIRC, Tuttle was pre-portal. I’ll be happy to see the Utes land good recruits, I’m just not going to get excited until they hit the field anymore.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 3* CB Jason Stokes committed to Utah