Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Just dawned on me…

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Just dawned on me…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

No more Pac-12 refs! How are the Big-12 refs? šŸ™‚

RedUte14
      Participant

hhhhmmmmm we will probably think they are just as bad.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

I’m not so sure. Whenever we’ve had refs from other conferences in the last few years they sure seem to call less dumb targeting calls.

Larry B
      Participant

Hopefully there will be no more of this BS. (Hansen was ejected for this, in case you forgot)

PlainsUte
      Participant

I live in Big-12 traditional footprint and I think the Big-12 refs, though not perfect, are less likely to have major gaffes like the Pac-12. So where do you think the Pac-12 refs are going next? Those same refs, maybe in a better system with better training and quality control might work out better, or the bad ones will go down to the FCS, California JCs or somesuch.

Anfernee
        Participant

So there was 64 refs last season in the Pac. I just saw this on CBS “CBS Sports was able to account for 55 of those of those 64 officials in regard to their on-field duties for 2024. Approximately 32 of them were hired by FBS leagues, the majority of which are in the Power Four. Eight of those 55 will be in the Mountain West, C-USA and American conferences. Two retired. Two were hired by theĀ NFL. Nineteen stayed with the Pac-12 to populate three crews that will workĀ Oregon StateĀ andĀ Washington StateĀ games this season.” I know the Big10 took some. Mostly the ones who live in California.

utefansince79
      Participant

I was on a few Big12 boards for a short time, left as there were way too many negative “fans” (or people posing as them) from the 2 Wasatch Front schools, but while there it became apparent listening to all the fan bases that they feel they have the worst officials in the land.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

I’ve seen a lot of B12 fans complain about them. I’m not sure we’re upgrading in that regard.

Ol’ Lefty
      Participant

Seems like the Pac 12 refs wanted to keep everybody in their place. They seemed a little too ingrained in the heirarchy.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.