Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Just re-watched Cam’s last full game

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Just re-watched Cam’s last full game

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

That game was for the conference championship against USC in December 2022. I fast forwarded and only watched the offensive plays. Here are a few things that stood out to me.

1. The drive just before half where we scored a TD to tie the game was masterful by Cam. It was really the only time in the game where Cam passed to an injured Kincaid. I think he made 4-5 catches on that drive. (I think you will see the same thing this season. Rising will go to Kuithe in situations where we must score.)

2. Bernard had a very good game running the ball other than the critical fumble. He had a number of excellent runs including a 20 yard TD run.

3. Cam was a great runner. He didn’t keep the ball a lot but was very effective when he did. He took one horrific hit that knocked his helmet off, but he jumped right back up.

4. Cam does an excellent job of going through his progression and finding the open receiver. This is something we really didn’t see last year.

5. My favorite play of that game was when Yassmin caught the pass, broke a handful of tackles, and scored a TD to put us up 10 points. Another great play was the 3rd and 18 when Cam found Money over the middle, and he broke some tackles and scored a TD.

It will be great to have Rising, Bernard, and Kuithe back. It will be fun to see how RIsing uses his other receivers; i.e., Singer, Pittman, Alford, Bently, etc.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Regarding #3, according to coach we aren’t going to be seeing a lot of Cam running this season.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.