Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

Klatt predicts Utah to win B12

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Klatt predicts Utah to win B12

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      MDUte
      Participant

Great clip from Klatt on Utah

MDUte
      Participant
      AlohaUte
      Participant

It’s a beautiful thing

Ted Lasso
      Participant

I mean look at y’alls schedule. You guys are losing maybe 1 conference game this year. If I remember correctly, Baylor doesn’t count as a conference game this year since it was scheduled as an OOC before (let me know if I’m wrong about that). You guys aren’t losing to Arizona, Arizona State, Houston, BYU, Colorado, or Iowa St. On the road against Oklahoma St might be tough. I have no idea how good TCU is gonna be, but y’all are at home so that should be a dub. UCF has improved their recruiting so I don’t know what they’ll look like, but I don’t think you’ll have problem beating them either.

I think this is the best chance y’all have had of making the playoffs. Not just because there are 12 teams, but you have a favorable, albeit not easy, schedule.

MDUte
        Participant

100% correct Lasso. Baylor doesn’t count as a conference game this year. It’s at RES so I highly doubt Utah loses that game anyway. But it doesn’t matter since it’s an OOC game.

This is Utah’s best chance ever given how soft the schedule is. OSU is the biggest game. And then the next toughest game is maybe UCF being a road game all the way across the country. Utah’s floor is 10-2 but likely 11-1 IMO.

Uteanooga
      Participant

Exciting year. And the B12 is looking good preseason with 5 of the top 25 teams according to Klatt. It would be so fun to get in the tourney and do some damage.

The pieces are there but much comes down to staying healthy. A few key players going down could make us very pedestrian.

Ted Lasso
        Participant

Is the new playoff going to have home games for the first round? A first round playoff game at RES would be insane.

MDUte
          Participant

Yes but Utah is projected to win the B12. If so, Utah is guaranteed a top 4 seed and a 1st round bye. If Utah loses in the B12 Championship game but gets an at-large CFP birth, they’d likely be a lower seed and therefore not hosting the 1st round game at home but would be the visiting team (seeds 9 – 12). I’d imagine the hosting 1st round teams (seeds 5 – 8) will all come from the B1G/SEC

Ted Lasso
            Participant

Oh good point. Didn’t think about that

Utah
      Participant

Kansas St fans are the best. The absolute best.

It warms my heart how absolutely butt hurt they are with how many people are picking Utah.

Their hate is quickly descending to BYU levels of hate and it’s hilarious.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.