Kyle says the med staff will…

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kyle says the med staff will…

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Ute2
      Participant

Decide on Cam Thursday.

Prediction, we’ll all get hella amped up for the word on Thursday. Then Josh Newman will report, “medical staff has made a determination on Cam Rising. Kyle whittingham wants to keep it close to the vest.” “We don’t want to tip our hand.” Said whittingham after practice.

alexsmith
      Participant

That’s exactly what I would expect. I thought a possibility of not playing Rising against Weber was to force UCLA to prepare for Johnson so I wouldn’t anticipate any word just yet. I also think Whitt might believe we can win this game without Rising so he may hold him out another week and bring him back at OSU

3 1
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

This feels like it could be one of those situations where the game is close but the offense is stumbling and Kyle brings Rising off the bench to provide a spark. Sort of a similar scenario as to what we saw versus San Diego State in 2021 when Cam came off the bench to replace Brewer and almost lead Utah to victory.

6 2
        UtMtBiker
        Participant

If he’s cleared to play, why not play him from the start? Throw him in cold to lead a comeback coming off a 10 mo recovery? Whitt has made some really questionable decisions in 20 years (like anyone would) but this would be three worst.

3 4
          The Miami Ute
          Participant

According to OnlyU, Cam has been medically cleared to play for a couple of weeks. If that’s true, and I have no reason to doubt him, why hasn’t he played yet? My guess is that maybe Kyle feels Cam is a precious asset and only wants to use him when the schedule forces his hand. Maybe he thinks that with a decent game from Nate and a good defensive outing, he can give Cam one more week of R&R before we really get to the meat of the schedule. At the same time, whatever practice and game reps Nate gets now can only serve to provide future dividends.

4 2
          D T
          Participant

He’s not been cleared yet to play in a game [taking hits] by his surgeon….He has the final decision in this.

4 5
            The Miami Ute
            Participant

So OnlyU is spreading false rumors? He just said in another recent post that Cam has been cleared to play for a couple of weeks.

1 1
              D T
              Participant

He’s been cleared to practice [& not to be touched], but that’s not the same thing as being cleared to play in a game….KW himself has specifically stated that decision is his surgeon’s.

3 1
                Central Coast Ute
                Participant

OnlyU said he’s been cleared to play since Baylor week. There are Also rumors going around from people that aren’t OnlyU saying the same. We all know he was cleared to practice.

3 1
                  D T
                  Participant

Coach KW stated he wasn’t cleared yet by his surgeon….No other clearance matters till that occurs….Straight from his mouth.

1 1
                    Central Coast Ute
                    Participant

Yes, everyone is aware of Whitt has said. No one is refuting that.

1 2
                    UtMtBiker
                    Participant

Oh well if Whitt says so…must be true. Common man. We know his game. Strategic advantage bla bla bla.

Ghost of the HEB
      Participant

FWIW both Cam and Brandon Rose practiced in full pads today (doesn’t mean cleared for game but trending in right direction that he’s still cleared to be full practice participant)

Onlyu
        Participant

The knee is sound and has been pain free for some time. Being medically cleared and “game ready” are two different things. No false rumors here.
        Ghost is correct…both Cam and BR were fully suited up at practice today which is a very positive sign for both of them.

DataUte
          Participant

BR is an interesting one. I had no clue what recovery from a lacerated liver might be, but I’m sure he has to work himself back into shape but also probably doesn’t get as many reps as QB1 (whether that’s NJ or CR or a mix) as they get ready for conference play. Unfortunate and freak injury so he probably is now buried on the depth chart when he was making great strides and progress.

Obviously, CR is the main one to hopefully see progress.

Charlie
          Participant

I am a bit surprised so many may not understand Onlyu’s comment about “being cleared and game ready is two different things”. Whitt can’t give us an answer because there are many other factors beyond being cleared that can be changing daily. Cam can be the best QB by a large margin as well as cleared but only equally capable to other QBs at a particular moment. There is also the timing of when the game plan is put together, the team’s readiness to the plan, the ability to adjust the plan due to changing information, the overall season strategy that is evolving, etc., etc. The football staff is managing changes, conformations, trends by the hour moving thru the week of prep. As fans, we seem to want a heads up on what to expect on Saturday before it is known. I expect there is the potential for small adjustments even up to pre game warmups, however, I trust all to be known and ready, about as much as is possible, as the team takes the field. This game is important, Whitt simply does not want to gives us updates as so much evolves throughout the week. Unless I gamble money I can’t afford to lose, I plan to come and enjoy my seat for my first game of the year due to being out of the country till now, and enjoy the new developments.

3 1
      Utah5410
      Participant

Thanks ONLYU… I don’t think anyone thinks anything you report to false… I know you said we should expect some guys back. Is O’Toole one of them ? Whit said that O’Toole was very close.. Junior/Pepa ?

Onlyu
        Participant

They could all play this week but ranked in order for this week I would say Junior, Pepa, OToole.

2 1
      Jutahjutes55
      Participant

Responding to the Miami Utes comment before, I also heard that he was medically cleared, and was able to play against Baylor. The reason he got held out that I’ve heard is because he is having a hard time psychologically with his knee and hip

4 1
      Caliman
      Participant

KW. NEEDS TO GO AFTER THIS GUY THROUGH THE TRANSFER PORTAL, WHEN IT COMES TO THE QB ROOM, IT’S NEVER ENOUGH. LETS GET THIS GUY

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.