Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

Ladies and Gentlemen – Zona is for Real

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ladies and Gentlemen – Zona is for Real

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      6 1
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

Noah Fifita and the Wildcats are absolutely destroying the Cougars in Pullman. As I feared after watching the Wildcats last week versus USC, that game in Tucson is going to be a ballbuster.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

I do not want Arizona to be for real.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

Agree. That game has worried me since spring. 2nd road game and following UW. Even if Utah was as good as we’d all hoped this year, that was always going to be a trap game with the focus Sanders is putting on Colorado

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Couged it hard. They are what they are.

popbirch
      Participant

They lost to an average Mississippi State team and only beat Stanford by one point. I think they are very susceptible. Although fifita seems quite a bit more dynamic than Delaura.

2 1
        The Miami Ute
        Participant

They lost to Miss State in Starkville and in OT…sure, they’re beatable but it isn’t going to be a a walk in the park. Utah has also beaten Zona five straight times so I’m sure that the Wildcats are going to be really up for the game. We cannot afford to sleep on them.

EagleMountainUte
          Participant

Utahs defense will be ready. It will just be interesting to see if Utah’s opponent can figure out this whack a doodle offense we run.

gogotwo
        Participant

Yeah in Starkville. Not to mention with a different QB, that loves turnovers. Noah has shown to be a much better QB. They just destroyed a good WSU team, lost to UW and USC each by one score. Seems like their new QB is getting much better

AZUTE
      Participant

Nah. Some of you forget just how good Utah’s D really is. Especially the front 7. Utah wins in Tucson by 10+

The Miami Ute
        Participant

I’m not forgetting that…but it’s an away game, probably at night, in the next to last contest of the regular season with Zona fighting for a decent bowl berth. Do not sleep on Zona…they have the #23 offense and the #32 defense in the FBS. Fisch is putting together a complete team which should have beaten USC the previous weekend. And then there’s this: Zona is still technically in the PAC race. They play Oregon State (H), UCLA (H), and Colorado (A) before Utah. It wouldn’t surprise me if they won all three of those games and be sitting at 5-2 in the conference when Utah arrives in Tucson. Maybe Cam will be back by then to give the Utes a hand at beating Zona?

AZUTE
          Participant

I guarantee they lose at least two of those games. Arizona is a paper Tiger

The Miami Ute
            Participant

We’ll just have to agree to disagree…I watched them against Miss St (OT Loss), UW (TD loss), and USC (3OT Loss) and they sure didn’t seem like a paper tiger to me. More like a team on the rise that everybody is going to have to take very seriously in one or two seasons. Then there’s this: Yesterday, they completely dismantled a Wazzu team in Pullman that just a couple of weeks before had easily handled Oregon State. Those are some interesting comps, in my view.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.