Next:
BYU @  Utah

Last post Until Cal Game

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Last post Until Cal Game

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Utah5410
      Participant

I still think we can make it back to the pac title game. Many things have to go our way… So thoughts.

1. Don’t expect Kuithe Back – Whatever reason or rumor you want to believe pick it and roll with that. He’s done.
      2. CAL is the game. If Cam is not back. Don’t expect him back. It blows my mind that Whit thought he was 50/50 for FL. Whit is not an idiot, he’s the toughest no nonsense coach left in CFB There is no way that CAM is playing him. But, if that is the case as some on here have suggested Whit needs to cut that s**t out if he is not playing v CAL. No More, move on. If Cam wants to hang around the locker room ? I guess if it helps the team. But Cal is the perfect Scenario for him to come back based on what we have heard fro the last two months. (I explained why already in another post).
      3.Assuming CAM is back for CAL. He will be rusty, he may play a little scared. That’s fine I expect that. Get all of the jitters out against CAL. No, Cal is not a bad team, but, our D is so elite it won’t matter. Get Cam right in that game, get hit, run around a little, make some throws and dust off the cobwebs. Get him mentally and physically ready for what’s to come.
      4. We will be as healthy as we’ve been v CAL. Unless something happens that we are not aware of. We should get the following guys back.

1. Cam (Fingers crossed), 2. JJ, 3. Pittman , 4. Mcclain 5. Maea (was back v OSU maybe takes the center spot back from Kump), 6. O’toole , 7. Villinger 8. maybe cole becker (fingers crossed), was warming up @ OSU.

not to mention pepe, Tufunga, broughton get rest. Guys who were banged up earlier will be healthier although all have played the last two games….

Thats a full, healthy, rested D minus (Fano) whose done for the year.

6. The injury swing and bad luck have to swing back in our favor.. Things tend to even out. Hopefully, our guys can now stay healthy.

With a healthy Whit/Scalley D and a decent Cam. I think we have a very good chance at losing only one more game this year. Best case IMO is 10-2. I think SC is the loss.

With Cam and our D and special teams. I think get UO at home and yes even UW on the road.

I know many of you don’t believe that.

UW would be Cam’s 5th game back. He’s comfortable, our D are destroying people and after losing to SC and coming off of a huge win v UO our boys will have the confidence and mental fortitude to beat UW. I’ve seen how tough Cam can be…. I realize there are a lot of “What If’s”, but if you’ve been watching how the team has rallied around Cam the last two years. If healthy, this would not be a shock. Remember Defense wins championships. And with our D we just need a competent offense. A 80 PERCENT CAM can give us that.

If no CAM best case is 8-4…I still think UO is a 50/50 game. But can we score enough to keep up with NJ even at home ? It would be tough.

CAL is the game. Based on everything Whit has been saying for the last 4 months it all leads up to CAL.. The fact that everyone including Vegas expected CAM to play v UCLA leads me to believe CAL is the game. I never thought OSU was. Why throw him into that environment with those cheap shot POS (See Barnes).

If Bad Moon Rising plays v CAL. I think 10-2 is very realistic. The entire team will rally behind CAM….

2 loses will get us back to vegas against SC especially after we beat UW and UO.

Flame Away But I think if Cam comes back this happens..

GO UTES.

1 1
      chinngiskhaan
      Participant

If Kuithe isn’t coming back, don’t expect getting Cam back to make us anywhere close to as good offensively as last year. Without Kuithe we don’t have anyone that can reliably get open and catch the football. Vele has always been talked up by the staff, but he’s never been anywhere near as good as a WR1 should be. He isn’t the problem. He’s fine, but he will get eaten alive as option number 1.

ProudUte
      Participant

No Cam, Kuithe, and Jackson and we may win three more games. I do not expect to see Kuithe again as a Ute. I hope Cam and Jackson are back ASAP. Who knows? This whole thing and the games Whitt play is annoying. But, it is what it is and I will be a loyal Ute forever.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Agree Proud Ute. It’s disappointing to not know week in and week out who will play and what the injuries are. Whitt has been consistent with the injury report for years.

The number of injuries and number of key players being out is unusual. The pac 12 is better than ever this year. We need Cam and JJ to have a chance at a run.

Trying to stay positive. Maybe we get guys back and the tide turns with other contenders losing key players. Long season as Boler would say “buckle up”

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.