CBS Sports Network

Let the rumors fly

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Let the rumors fly

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      BD
      Participant

Kyle Whittingham:
      “We open 2027 against the Miami Hurricanes [here in Las Vegas.] I probably won’t be sitting in this chair.”

Not that Whitt’s retirement hasn’t been discussed, but this is a new wrinkle.

tanute3
      Participant

I think this was largely expected, although maybe not explicitly said until now.

UteDuke
      Participant

Of course he won’t be sitting in the chair, he’ll be standing on the sideline! 😉

fosternano
      Participant

I hope he’s able to take Utah to the playoff and have a good showing, and retire at the end of the year.

The program is in great hands with Scalley being next up.

Whitt can retire and enjoy family time knowing Utah will continue to dominate in football.

ProudUte
      Participant

I think (I do not know) that Whitt will retire at the end of this season.

I appreciate everything Whitt has done here and he will go down as a legend. However, I am honestly excited about the Morgan Scalley era. He has learned from the best and I am confident he will continue to have success here at Utah. (He will need to build a good coaching staff.)

Go Utes!!!

UteNamedOg
      Participant

I’ll be sad when he retires, but he’s done his time and then some to help the program.
      Only thing Whitt owes the U is a decision on where he wants his statue. The epitome of professionalism and consistency from day one.

EastCoastUte
      Participant

I’m actually sad about this because I was hoping Witt would stay until the end of his contract in ’27.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.