Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Let’s discuss and praise Dijon Stanley

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Let’s discuss and praise Dijon Stanley

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      AlohaUte
      Participant

I don’t know about you, but I was stoked to see him perform so well and surprised to see him get as much playing time as he did.

He wasn’t listed at all on the two-deep depth chart, yet seemed to get more playing time than any RB, save maybe Bernard.

Not sure why he wasn’t on the depth chart, it’s interesting. but regardless, he’s fun to watch, he’s fast, and he can find holes. I wonder if he’s the breakout RB we’ve been wondering about and hoping for.

123punt
      Participant

He’s definitely fun to watch and gave me flashbacks of Joe Williams. Whitt calls him an explosive guy, smooth, athletic, etc. in his post-game. Hopefully Stanley continues to make a big impact this year!

He’s also been a beast for me on my college football 25 dynasty! 97 speed IIRC.. maybe the coaching staff thought EA was onto something! lol

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Just a thought but I bet he can’t block. So if he is in the game you can expect a certain type of calls.

AlohaUte
        Participant

I bet you are onto something there

Utesbyfive
        Participant

Could Joe Williams block? I can’t actually remember.

ProudUte
      Participant

Whitt said that he would see some time. He said that they had some special plays just for him. They were indeed special. 🙂

Charlie
      Participant

Maybe this years surprise. Seems like we often have a crazy good surprise player and they tend to return each week.

Uteanooga
      Participant

He is awesome- but he is pretty light for traditional RB play. It will be fun to see how Ludwig utilizes him. I hope it does not become predictable but I can’t imagine anyone wanting 180 lb Stanley trying to block 260 lb DEs or 320 lb tackles.

It is also hard to imagine sending his light frame up the middle a lot- at least until I remember John White’s 185 lbs doing just that for back to back 1k seasons.

I could get used to watching Stanley make TD runs catching out of the backfield. Those were fantastic.

I think Ludwig is going to have fun creating a lot of different looks with so many offensive weapons.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.