Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Live from the Henry Eyring Building Basement

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Live from the Henry Eyring Building Basement

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ghost of the HEB
      Participant

A few observations and thoughts going into Baylor

– Having Cam back and just knowing good things will happen is so refreshing compared to all last year just hoping we get lucky here and there. But holy hell please learn to slide brother
      – Brant = Still an absolute dawg and his chemistry with Cam will be a major problem for every defense
      – RB committee looked solid. A lot of versatility in the group. Mitchell is limited this week due to injury so I expect to see more Stanley
      – Hope to see OL improvement. They were fine but felt like Cam and Isaac were hurried a lot and RBs didn’t have abundance of daylight
      – GET THE BALL TO WRs. We know the TEs have to get theirs, but WRs cannot be an afterthought for another season. First pass of the game was going to be a bomb to Singer but Fano got smoked on a spin move and Cam got blown up. We’re in a great spot for landing the 5* WR but he wants to see that we are actually capable of feeding WRs before he commits. Let’s not ruin it.
      – Need great game from the DLs against this mobile Baylor QB. Vimahi being out sucks but we’re also getting guys like Pepa back. DEs need to be fast. LBs should be able to hold their own.
      – CB will be of interest to watch . Hope Davis is ready for the big time. Calhoun (Michigan transfer) is practicing again and should be in game rotation soon. Don’t want to move Tao away from Safety and Snowden away from Nickel if don’t have to.
      – I hope the regular stadium PA guy is back this week
      – I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again — F*** day games. Gonna be hot af and that kills a significant amount of stadium energy. End up with students leaving at half and people hiding in the concourses during the game. Stadium ops should do like some TX schools do and have “Hydration Stations” around the stadium giving out ice cold water bottles. Brought to you by Smiths.
      – No reason we shouldn’t bully these guys and pull away in the second half

Dallas
      Participant

I feel that a running back by committee approach ends up being a pretty big “tell” giving away our play depending on who is in the backfield. It’s probably more complicated than that but I feel like I can predict the plays pretty well depending on who’s in the backfield. Bernard’s versatility as a runner/blocker/receiver helps here.

Yergensen
        Participant

Who and why? When Tavion was on the field it was a tell because he could do only one thing. Micah does it all well, Dijon can run and catch (pass pro?), so it’s not them. Who’s the tell and why?

enigami344
      Participant

Chem grad student or professor? I used to hang there too

homer
        Participant

ROR and his sidekick Jerry Driscoll.
        You can still stil YouTube up their Christmas Farrady Lectures.

Anfernee
      Participant

My thoughts exactly about the WRs. We can win in a myriad of ways with this offense but we reeeeally need to feature WRs. It will be extremely advantageous to do so. Not just for Jerome but for the younger guys and future recruits.

The Wandering Ute
        Participant

That’s why I thought the use of Stanley was so interesting on Thursday. I mean, if he’s going to break open long TDs, then that’s just what happens, but it basically hid our WRs.

However, I wonder how much of that was happy accident vs. designed in not showing too much of our WR corp just yet.

triage24
        Participant

To be fair, Isaac was consistently throwing to WRs. Maybe he got the memo. lol

triage24
        Participant

To me, that’s a great sign of confidence. So many frosh or young QBs love to throw the RB or to the TE. Most of Wilson’s attempts were downfield.

The Miami Ute
      Participant

I’m with you on day games. A 6 PM start would be ideal but that ain’t what the networks want.

RoboUte
      Participant

We’ve been talking about the OL not living up to the expectations after game one like clockwork for about five years. Sometimes they shape up, sometimes they don’t. Fingers crossed.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.