Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

Live or Die With Issac.

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Live or Die With Issac.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Utah5410
      Participant

We need our leaders and captains to wake the F up. Need Reid back in the worse way. More importantly. We just need a win and then take it one week at a time and see what happens.

RoboUte
      Participant

Yes but also no. Don’t just turn him into the new Cam Rising. The program is always bigger.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

I choose to live.

Utes 69
      Participant

Cam was wrecked last game, move on

pics
      Participant

We need a dam head coach to act like a coach and stop letting players make decisions on who plays or not. I think Utah is a dumpster fire right now and I’ve lost confidence in Kyle. I never thought I wound say that but not moving on from Rising long ago has been a major problem with this team for too long. I cant believe this isn’t affecting the clubhouse.

RoboUte
        Participant

I cant believe this isn’t affecting the clubhouse.

Oh I bet it is

8 1
          The Miami Ute
          Participant

Of course it is. It would be totally against human nature if it didn’t. I mean, in Rising you have a guy that receives more NIL than the rest of the team put together yet he’s clearly not fit to play college football and hasn’t been for almost two years. These young adults would have to be saints to not let something like that affect them.

jshame17
        Participant

Kind of challenges the whole “you become us, we don’t become you”… unless your Cam, then do whatever you want and we will follow along with whatever you decide.

The biggest thing is finding a way to handle blitzes with Wilson as QB. I think a big part of why they let Rising play is because he is great at making opposing teams pay for being too aggressive. When defenses dial up the pressure, Wilson tends to take sacks or throw interceptions. Wilson, and the offense in general, need to figure this out somehow. If they do that, the offense can shine. Early in the season, Wilson chucked some jump balls to Lohner. I’m hoping for more of that.

I could see that Ludwig was trying to dial up some misdirection with the Kuithe wildcat thing, but that obviously was not executed effectively. Something along those lines that doesn’t end in penalties and fumbles might help, too.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

It can’t be THAT hard. Even if he only has one audible he can call when he sees them stacking or threatening blitz. I mean, come on. It’s not brain surgery. We’ve gone through this so many times!

2008 National Champ
        Participant

If you want the other team to stop blitzing, all you have to do is burn them a couple of times. Identify the likely blitzer pre-snap and call for a hot read in the spot he vacated. Call plays designed to take advantage of an overaggressive defense. Quick passes to the edges to force the D to quit loading the box. In fact, if you want a master class on protecting a QB, go back and watch how Oregon protected an injured Bo Nix in the 2022 game. They took Utah’s D aggressive nature completely away and forced them to cover the whole field.

Wilson would benefit from having his decision made for him pre-snap. Catch snap, release ball, call the next play. He’s not ready to think himself through everything in under 2 seconds. Taylor did the same thing with Huntley in 2018. One read and go, only look at half the field, simple binary decisions.

Yergensen
          Participant

Playcalling was part of the issue against UA. We went away from the short pass game and run game, for that matter, early. Dug ourselves into a hole because of RZ ineptitude and went away from both.

2008 National Champ
            Participant

key words being “we went away”. The interesting thing to me is that Ludwig called the ASU game exactly like I said above. Or Rising checked into those types of plays. Either way, there were a lot of quick passes that just needed better execution.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.