Losing hope for Jerome Myles

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Losing hope for Jerome Myles

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      3 3
      HeyyyUguyyys
      Participant

Myles has been offered by Nebraska, Miami, Penn State, Ohio State, Auburn, USC, and LSU just since his Ole Miss decommit. Not an insider by any means, but the writing on wall doesn’t look good to me. Utah official visit over a month ago…

Looking like he has made himself a lot more money somewhere by holding out.

Onlyu
      Participant

I’m not…as long as we use the WR’s like we plan to this year he’s ours to lose imo. More than just NIL involved here and there are many reasons he might choose to stay home.

Tyler Henry
      Participant

Utah hasn’t settled for mid-tier Four-Stars that eat into the NIL budget. It’s not far-fetched to think Utah is saving its assets to push for Jerome Myles!

Anfernee
      Participant

What soon to be senior in HS wouldn’t take free trips around the country? To historic football atmospheres. That being said, Jerome is a light years ahead in maturity than most his age. If we come out and have the offense I believe we’ll have, JM is a Ute. Also the type of offense Scalley wants as HC is uptempo, throw a lot. Myles also knows this.

krindor
      Participant

I’d say the odds are about the same as they’ve always been. He likes Utah, but he wants to see Utah make use of WR and there’s LOTS of other options. He’s one of the best players out there (in general, but especially among uncommitted recruits).

He’s going to get offers and attention … but if we want to get top recruits, we have to be prepared to deal with that.

He’s absolutely not a Utah lock, but we’re solidly in the mix. Which is where things were a while back.

High Uintas
      Participant

He’s a five-star, of course he has lots of offers. He could probably get an offer from any team he expressed interest in. We knew when he opened up his recruiting that he was going to take his time so I wouldn’t read anything into it, unless you just want to mope, then have at it.

HeyyyUguyyys
      Participant

I don’t make a habit of moping over things that high school kids do. A little bit too grown-up for that. It was more of an observation and discussion which I thought was what went on here. I guess the confusion was that if his intention the whole time was to see how the season plays out to decide whether or not he commits to a team why he signed with Ole Miss so early. I thought he had intentions of wrapping up his recruitment prior to his senior season. My bad

krindor
        Participant

The noise has been that he was always planning to wait to commit. But he went to Ole Miss and they gave him the “but wait, there’s more! If you commit today you get an extra NIL deal” with the implication that NIL deal wouldn’t be available/promised later.

So he did the smart thing and tentatively committed there right then – knowing that if he did decide to end up there, doing so now would get him extra NIL. And if he decided not to go to Ole Miss, he could always decommit without losing anything. So it was a bit of a detour from the plan…but also ultimately fairly meaningless

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.