Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Massey has our Utes at #16, favoured to win all remaining scheduled contests

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Massey has our Utes at #16, favoured to win all remaining scheduled contests

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

The rating system has Utah 3rd in the Pac-12.

W16Ute
      Participant

I like the projection for me but don’t understand how it can rank us 3rd in the PAC with Oregon first, but also have us favored to win at Oregon. You seem to understand this system better than most, can you tell me anything about it?

That one made we wonder this morning as well. First, I do not know the underlying algorithm. However, I note the following.

Massey quantifies two categories of interest – Offensive power to score (Off) and Defensive power to prevent opponent from scoring (Def), both found on the main football ranking page. Utah and Oregon are ranked 11th and 12th in Off, respectively. However, in Def, we find that Utah is ranked 19th, while Oregon is ranked 54th.

This is probably a major factor in the prediction.

W16Ute
          Participant

Makes sense though i wonder if that defensive stat for then is that bad because of the Georgia debacle….

Thanks for posting these. Go Utes!

It certainly could be bolstered by that contest. We’ll see how those numbers change as the season progresses.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.