Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

Mindset of the team

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

This team was built to contend for a playoff spot. Not having Cam is a major blow to team success. What is the mindset going forward? Our backs are against the wall now. Wilson has proven he can win.

Hope week in and week out for Cams return or go all out with whoever is QB and open up the offense and defense. Play with a chip on your shoulder instead of the front runner. Play to win and instead of playing not to lose. It starts with Whitt and Lud. Be aggressive and take chances. Big plays on offense and defense win games. I’m sure the players agree.

UteBacker

Man, college football seasons can be a wild ride. Look at all the losses by top 25 teams last weekend. With all the insane changes to the game over the last couple of years, the “wild ride” is what I’m hanging on to. It can be SO fun for teams that are beating expectations and can be the opposite for those of us that aren’t. I know, I know, we’re 4-1 (and I agree that’s great), but the team that got beat by Arizona a couple of weeks ago is not elite. They’re not even close and elite is what I was so hoping for coming into the season.

So, I’ve simply done an expectation shift for the rest of the year. We seem to play so much better when we’re the underdogs, so we’ll see what happens. I know the Arizona game was only one bad game, and we’re allowed those, but we haven’t looked dominant (spurts of it, I guess).

I just don’t know what to think going forward. This is a weird year for us.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

Backer either that loss is a blessing in disguise or we just weren’t that good to begin with. We will find out Friday. Whitt likes the back against the wall coaching. One more loss and the season is over. Can’t wait for Friday to see which team comes to play. As Elvis would say “It’s now or never”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.