Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Moment of Loudness 2024

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Moment of Loudness 2024

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      BD
      Participant

I admit, I am kind of obsessed with the Moment of Loudness. Sometimes, when I am having a bad day or I am down, I actually put on headphones and listen to the Moment of Loudness several times, and it cheers me up.

I recorded it at the game last night.

So for those of you who were not at the game, here it is – the new 2024 version, which I really like.

(I just grabbed my phone fast when it was about to start and I didn’t have high quality video settings on. So the quality kind of sucks.)

Utah
      Participant

That’s cool.

What I’d like to see it evolve to is the lights going down, the music starting, no talking, a big 22 flash on the board, the crowd goes wild (maybe phone lights on as the stadium will be dark) as the music builds and then the family on three part. Just absolute noise and craziness started by a slow build of the orchestra.

Utesbyfive
        Participant

I put in my dad’s photo for that montage. I dunno if it made it. Maybe they’ll post that vid to youtube. He was class of 1964, and he passed away in April.

SkinyUte
          Participant

Maybe they’ll post that vid to youtube.

I hope they do. I put in my mom’s picture from the Rose Bowl as well (she passed just after the USC game in 2022) and would love to see if it’s in there.

ALUF
      Participant

Dude, same. It’s my new favorite tradition in college football period.

As my old man declines in health at a rapid pace and will probably kick the can soon, it will probably mean even more when I see his picture up there. Because good grief seeing all the pictures up there last night was pretty moving.

BD
        Participant

Oh man. That’s tough. My Dad is going downhill fast also, but he’s not much of a Ute fan (he’s a “fan”, just isn’t into it at all.)

That baby next to Aaron Lowe on the left of him in the video (at the 0:58 mark) chokes me up. That baby was in the 2023 video also. Tough to know some Ute fans lost a little baby. So sorry for them, whoever they are.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Fantastic. It gets me too. For better youtube videos, rotate your phone to landscape mode!

BD
        Participant

“For better youtube videos, rotate your phone to landscape mode!”

Yup. Lesson learned. Next time I will do that.

OmahaOmaha
      Participant

Loved it. But they’ve got to figure out how to get those lights off on night games. Would improve the experience a ton.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

Yes I was thinking that last night, but if I recall at least in the old days the lights took a long time to “warm up.”

Utesbyfive
        Participant

That’s gotta be the next stadium upgrade. a programmable LED lighting system.

Yergensen
      Participant

It’s become personal and special. I get emotional each time I look to the sky in that moment.

ColumbiaUte
      Participant

My dad passed away in April and was happy to see his photo clear as day in this year’s video. He went to the U for undergrad and law school. He even was a adjunct professor where my mom was one of his students (scandalous I know). Biggest Utah fan, but was so nervous about the outcomes that he couldnt watch them/listen to them on the radio lol

SkinyUte
      Participant

Here’s a closer view, if you want to get a better look at the pictures.

https://x.com/jdartute/status/1829364260868325693

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.