Next:
Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

More Cam playing or not playing talk! YAY!

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football More Cam playing or not playing talk! YAY!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Hear me out… can we beat Arizona this week without Cam? We have a bye after this weekend. That would mean Cam would have THREE more weeks to heal up.

UteBacker

Would love a special category for “Cam Injury” that we can block. Just kidding…. or maybe not.

2008 National Champ
      Participant

yes. we can.

Yes. We Can.

YES. WE CAN!

That game will be decided by how well the Utah D contains Fifita/MacMillan. The QB discussion is superfluous.

Notweird
      Participant

Cam is too precious to risk on football what is most important is that he is recovered and practicing with the team

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

De facto QB coach?

Notweird
          Participant

No negative comments about his weight please

The Miami Ute
        Participant

Oh the irony…LOL, I’m sure that it went over most people’s heads. Cam’s too valuable to have him play during the regular season and CFPs…we should save him for the NCG because what if he gets hurt?

Kek U
      Participant

Cam! Cam! He’s our man!
      If he can’t do it, nobody can!

Uteanooga
      Participant

Cam plays if he is healthy. If not then Isaac plays.

Simple.

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

But he is totally healthy and planning to play. Like 90% planning on taking reps and all that.

Northendzone Ute5
      Participant

With this defense I think they can do it without Cam. Also, the Arizona defense is bad. I think Wilson can carve them up. It would also be more experience for Isaac.

Ben
      Participant

I think *hope* things will leak earlier as they make that decision by today or Monday. If cam didn’t play based on inability to throw the ball with zip, I expect him out this week as well.

PNW Ute
      Participant

I would feel better about playing Arizona at home without Cam than I did playing at Oklahoma St without him. So…

PhiladelphiaUte
        Participant

Ordinarily, so would I. But seeing as how Arizona has had an extra week to prepare, I’m not expecting this week won’t come without an extra layer of complexity.

The OSU/UA 2-game stretch has all along been widely deemed our most difficult stretch of the season.

Still looks that way.

GO UTES!!!

UTE98
      Participant

Personally, I’d love to see Cam get a full week of 2 reps with no problems before we hitch our wagon to him as the #1 QB for games. I don’t see a team on our schedule we can’t grind out a win against with Kyle ball. Sure it may not be glamorous, but I’d rather the second guessing be confined to the three hours of gametime vs. all week long each and every week.

ProudUte
      Participant

I will only say – I hope Cam is ready and will play. If he doesn’t play, I hope Wilson can get it done. I suspect we will see our offense be much like yesterday (if Cam does not play). We will try to keep the ball away form their offensive weapons.

Obviously, no one here has any inside knowledge on Cam.

chinngiskhaan
      Participant

The only thing that worries my about playing classic Utah football with Isaac is our running back health. How many more weeks of grinding out wins on the ground can our RB room handle? Mitchell and Vincent are both banged up. I’m sure Bernard is just as hurt as those two, but he’s a baller and plays through it… but he can only handle so much.

Maybe Cam can play running back while his finger heals?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.