Next:
Arizona @  Utah
ESPN

Most Underrated/underrecruited Ute

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Most Underrated/underrecruited Ute

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I thought this was an interesting idea.

Name your Ute that was the most under-recruited or underrated or both.

Mine first: Junior Tafuna. He had 5 offers, 3 of which from in-state. He was a mid 3 star and served a mission.

Came back and went to become PAC-12 defensive freshman of the year. Super stoked for his future.

Utesbyfive
      Participant

I think Devin Lloyd and Alex Smith pretty much fit the bill.

UtesRule
      Participant

Eric Weddle

fosternano
        Participant

That was the first that came to mind for me, wasn’t he only a 2 star recruit?

rbmw263
          Participant

everyone from that era was 2 star or less

rbmw263
      Participant

Paul Kruger had 1 offer. Same with Brice Mccain and Sean Smith. Theres a laundry list of players from this era that were incredibly underrecruited 

More recently obviously Devin Lloyd. I think Jatravis Broughton is incredibly underrated and was very lightly recruited. 2 of his 5 offers were from northeastern state and east central. Tavion had offers from Maryland and Miami Ohio.

I think Justin Medlock should have been a 4 star and I think Jocelyn Malaska has a great shot to make this list

UtesRule
        Participant

Are you sure about that on Sean Smith. I’m pretty sure he was a 3* WR who was converted to DB (couldn’t catch the ball).

Also, Tavion was HIGHLY recruited by schools and had offers from Ohio State, amongst others.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Don’t know about the most under rated, but Marcus Williams deserves to be in the discussion.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.