Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Most Ute fans are frustrated

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Most Ute fans are frustrated

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

Why? I think we all know why. It’s the last year and a half of our QB situation. It’s hard to be too sympathetic simply because we don’t know what in the heck is going on. If I knew Cam was out for the season and would not play – I would be 100% supportive of Isaac Wilson, and I would lower my expectations.

We all had very high expectations because Cam was coming back, and we have a ton of other weapons. Honestly, this bi-polar QB situation makes it hard for fans (including me). We were told that Cam has been cleared to play and then Whitt says Tuesday – as soon as he is cleared to go, Cam will play. We went through his crap in 2023, and it made most of us miserable.

I am about to the point that I would just prefer that we move on with our freshman QB. I am not there yet, but if we lose one more game, I will be there. If Wilson is the guy going forward, I would lower my expectations a bit, enjoy watching Wilson learn/grow, and look forward to the future.

Go Utes!!!

Charlie Foxtrot
      Participant

Exactly. If we would have entered the season knowing that in the first 5 games Isac Wilson would be playing half of the 1st two games, as well as all of the next three, most people would probably be pretty happy that we only had one loss.

We may be concerned that opposing defenses will look at the Arizona game and continue to pressure Wilson, however we would also understand that playing a true freshman is going to come with a lot of growing pains. We would probably also hope that if Wilson is going to continue to be the starting QB for any additional games, we would see some growth and maybe some better decision making while understanding that it might cost us a few more games along the way.

Anfernee
      Participant

Friday the 11th at ASU will be 35 days since Gatorade Gate. I think Cam is back. I have nothing to base this on except a fool’s hope. I’m still that fool.

Utah#1
      Participant

I question Whitt’s approach not disclosing injury reports, like its going to help his team win. Last Saturday’s game proved Arizona did what they had to do to shut down and beat Utah, pressure Wilson and the rest of the dominos will fall. I bet you this will be every opponent’s game plan against Utah till end of the season.

To me this will only hurt the team and Whittingham’s integrity as the main guy of Utah football.

The Miami Ute
        Participant

If I was a betting man, I’d bet that Zona blitzed on the vast majority of passing downs last Saturday. I mentioned that on a previous post. Until Wilson proves that he can hurt teams when they do that, you can bet that every single opponent will take Zona’s defensive blueprint and build on it.

UtMtBiker
        Participant

I’m not as concerned about the injury policy, which is basically the same as ever other P4 school, as the 4th down calls. With an experienced 2 time P12 champion that won in the toughest environments I get it. With a true freshman QB thats been making some horrific decisions, turning the wrong way for handoffs, throwing the ball directly to the other team multiple times a game, it makes no sense to not take the 3 points every time.

8 3
      //r00t4Utes
      Participant

I get fans being frustrated with the loss. I get fans wanting to know about Cam and his injury. I don’t get fans being frustrated with Cam and even worse, making the Ute fanbase look like hateful spoiled children.

I get I’m in the very small minority, but not knowing Cam’s injury details bugs me about as much as not knowing about if Eagle’s wrist and forearm are injured from cranking it out too often. It affects me 0% as I’m still going to get to watch my Utes play and cheer for them while likely swearing at my TV.

Now, knowing his game status, that would be nice to know sure. But again, it doesn’t change that I’m watching my team play either way. Further, I’m an adult (maybe not my sense of humor) and know how to use my logic and realize that if the HC of my team has made it known, he’s not going to talk about it. Even if it just gives a 0 to 0.5% chance of a competitive advantage. That means I’m not gonna go out on the Internet and throw my little tantrum until I get my way.

Utegator
        Participant

this is a long post that essentially says you do not care if the Utes win, just as long as you can see them play?

//r00t4Utes
          Participant

Nope, it means I’m not letting stuff out of my control ruin enjoying my team. I don’t usually post much . I never word things as well as I do in my own head.

I think as a fan base, I’ve never seen our fans more divided than I have this season, and I’m struggling to see how to help. We are (or should be) all Ute fans, and we’ve always had different opinions and disagreements. That’s one of the enjoying things about coming together on a message board like this. But we all had the common ground of pulling for our team and its players.

So, I guess I’m trying to post things to try help or stop adding to the division as we all can get emotional as fans, especially during games.

//r00t4Utes
            Participant

Another thing I like about this board is that we usually do a good job of keeping politics out of things as we all know it’s a good way to divide families and people within a fanbase.

Looking down at a 22 thousand foot perspective, that’s what this feels or reminds me of, how politicians and media seem more interested in dividing the people instead of trying to bring people together.

Man, I can be over dramatic, can’t I.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.