My grades for tonight

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My grades for tonight

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      5 3
      ProudUte
      Participant

Defense – A

i would give them an A+, but no turnovers and only two sacks. Overall, great effort. 

Offense – C+

They racked up a lot of yards, but were very sloppy IMO. Way too many dropped balls. Huntley was unimpressive. 

Special Teams – C+

They had a fumble, blocked FG and virtually nothing when it came to returns. 

Coaching – B-

i think the fact they only went live once in camp – caused us issues in the trenches and with timing. I worried about it coming in and it turned our worse than I thought. The only reason I graded it as high as a B- was the defense and limited penalties. 

I predicted 9-3 last week.  Now I’m worried about winning 7 games  I hope they can clean up their mistakes and look better next week.  The score was fine, but 4 turnovers and poor offensive execution worries me  

Go Utes!!!

gUrthBrooks
      Participant

Hard to get turnovers when the defense is back off the field every 3 plays. 61 total yards given up.

UteThunder
        Participant

And yet, Weber managed to basically do just that multiple times.

INT came on the first play of the drive.

They turned us over on downs after just 4 plays.

They recovered a fumble after just 4 plays.

Their INT that was called back for PI came on the 3rd play of that drive.

Our defense played really well overall, but there is cause for concern that they were not able to generate any turnovers. Especially since our offense coughed it up so many times.

ironman1315
          Participant

I’m not terribly concerned. There weren’t a lot of opportunities. We missed s couple of Ints. And almost stripped the ball three times.

As for the O, the only TO that concerns me was the INT as it was emblematic of the O line and weak pass blocking.

UteThunder
            Participant

The turnover on downs should be equally concerning. How in the world can our OL not get enough push for Moss to pick up 1 yard against Weber State? That was pathetic. 

Minneapolitan_Ute
      Participant

I get your take. Weber was very conservative on offense and their QB was ultra cautious with the ball. So no turnovers.

I agree the offense was sloppy but we saw flashes that haven’t been there before. I think they could be great!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mostly agree. I give the D an A, just because I don’t believe in A+  

Special teams gets an F. 

4 1
        BulgieUte
        Participant

48 yards per punt, 2/3 on field goals, I give your grading skills a f-.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Like I GAF. I’d give them an F-, but I don’t believe in anything lower than a fail.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m not concerned with anyone else, let alone everyone else.
      ST did n-o-t-h-i-n-g. No benefits of no doubts. They sucked out loud.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.