Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

My interest in D-I football is close to zero.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My interest in D-I football is close to zero.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      10 2
      Ultimate Ute
      Participant

Conference realignment, NIL, the transfer portal, what a distasteful mess. D-I football previously wasn’t perfect, but like many things in modern pop culture, it has morphed into almost nothingness. I’m a little surprised at the number of people that continue to buy into it.

Now, more than ever D-I football is a contrived made up pretend game, not some important epic battle between combatants. I was watching a civil war documentary, one young soldier continued to fight, for weeks, after he had a couple fingers blown off. Another soldier returned to battle after recovering from an arm amputation.

The UU Olympic sports feel as fresh and free as a cool summer breeze.

6 5
      Zigziggler
      Participant

Fantastic perspective! Now talk amongst your neighbors about that, and leave your anti D1 football perspectives with those that aren’t talking about how much they love D1 football.

Utah5410
      Participant

Cool ?

What was the point of this post ?

2 2
      Anfernee
      Participant

Way too many boomers on here giving this a šŸ‘

22Ute22
        Participant

I agree with him and Iā€™m a zoomer šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

89ute
      Participant

Here is my gut feel. You’re middle aged and it’s not the same. Probably because that’s my situation. We are witnessing another change, think of it as the music industry and what giant mess of nothingness that has become. As people turn away from it you have another group of people who can’t get enough Taylor Swift.

I’m getting there with you and for the first time I’m actually thinking twice about the 2500 season ticket cost for our pair of seats. Someone, probably a Swifty type football fan will gladly buy my season seats just as all the others around me who have moved on replaced by people who I will probably never connect with.

GameForAnyFuss
      Participant

One thing you said I don’t think anyone can disagree with: If you want to see high-level players playing for no other reason than the love of their chosen game, Olympic sports are where it’s at.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.