Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

My thoughts about game one

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My thoughts about game one

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      4 2
      ProudUte
      Participant

Moss ran for 188 yards with a broken hand and obviously being out of shape. 

Our offense was pathetic in the first half, but turned it around in the second half. 

Kicking – wow we are in trouble. 

I am confused why we didn’t pass down field. We have the speed. 

The last nine minute drive was very impressive. 

It’s obvious that we are saving Covey for USC  

Im worried that we had a coup,etc lineman limp off the field. I hope we don’t have any serious injuries. 

I think Wilson is an athletic kid.  However, he is a bit too confident I his ability.  He needs to learn when not to throw.

i hope BYU wins next week, but loses to their PAC-12 opponents.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Moss didn’t look out of shape and I hope byu loses every game this year, and next….forever.

9 1
      EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Utah was surprised by the three man front Sitake protected his defense and tried to keep everything in front.

Which meant Moss was going to blow them up. Took a half to adjust. The early drop by Kuithe was the difference. He catches that the blowout begins then. Overall I think it was a good first game and a good amount of corrections to be made. Most growth happens between game one and two. We saw it pretty much happen first half to second half. 

ironman1315
      Participant

BYU was dropping their DBs back a bunch. Needed more intermediate routes, dink and dunk down the field.

ironman1315
      Participant

Ghost of the HEB
      Participant

BYU was clearly dropping guys back to avoid the deep ball. Utah should’ve taken advantage more with the midrange game.

ironman1315
      Participant

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Huntley said on post game that BYU dropped 8 into coverage so they couldn’t go deep.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.