Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Nate Johnson

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      7 3
      2008 National Champ
      Participant

1 carry and 1 reception while Vanderbilt’s QB1 was throwing for ~ 50% against a G5. I’m almost tempted to go count all the downvotes I got for saying the kid’s future wasn’t at QB long before the 2023 season.

TruckStopTerrors
      Participant

He seemed like a good dude, but both he and Costelli seem like athlete projects that teams thought they could mold into QBs. Utah specifically in both cases. I wish him well, but last season ended any debate I had whether his future was at QB. It’s clearly not. He would’ve been wise to hang around here and switch positions.

Roy Rangum
      Participant

I think it was by spring of 2023 it was becoming more obvious that neither Johnson or Rose were going to have a viable future at quarterback.

While of course as fans we can have rose colored glasses that prevent us from seeing reality, after that spring (and particularly once the season started in fall), the writing was on the wall.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate that Rose is still with us, and I loved Barnes for what he gave us too. And Johnson had his moments. But none of these guys were going to be the ones that would take us to the promised land so to speak.

Utesbyfive
      Participant

The Covid years made it really really hard to evaluate QB talent.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.