Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Never understood the demotion of Erickson

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Never understood the demotion of Erickson

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Ute Bc
      Participant

I really think this was biggest blunder that Kyle made. He didn’t give Erickson enough time to implement his offense. Erickson is a great offensive coach and made Osweiller (sp?) a starting QB in the NFL. I think he could’ve have made strides with Travis as well.

There is no reason to have a National Championship offensive guru coaching our RB’s.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Ute Bc.
      FormerUteSax
      Participant

Maybe it was Erickson’s choice

Ute Bc
      Participant

It was most definitely not. In fact, he expressed that he was surprised

GadValleyUte
        Participant

I think initially it was as surprise, but he seems pretty content now. doesn’t he have some associate head coach title? I agree I was shocked when Kyle brought in DC over Erickson and I think it set us back. It’s tough because Erickson’s offense had us in games, but we also lost 7 games that year mostly because of losing the TO battle on TWs INTs.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I was going to come in and agree with this post but you had to lay on the Osweiller love. That was the worst officiated game the NFL has had since the replacement refs. Osweiller is Tebow2 in Denever. Exceptional defensive team with a Kubiak offense.

Holding!!

What is the first thing you notice about this cover?

But I do agree Erickson is a much better offensive mind than Roderick or anyone else on the staff.

Ute Bc
      Participant

LOL – no love for Osweiller, however, he is in the NFL and had a much better college career than Travis (despite some similarities).

I don’t necessarily think that Dennis is unhappy. I just think it was a mistake. We are wasting a ton of talent by having him coach the RB’s in my opinion. He was not given the time necessary..

Anonymous
      Inactive

Said it several times already: there was no one who could develop or fix Wilson. The capacity between the ears was just not there.

Think about Kaelin Clay’s speed that he showed in his punt return last night. Utah had him as a receiver and rarely did Wilson hit him long. We may have crap receivers now, but we’ve run some good ones through during TW’s era and you’d be challenged to show me one that TW made look better.

We have Erickson where he’s best: recruiting. He’s bringing in quality kids from areas of the country we never even sniffed before. He has singlehandedly expanded the recruiting to a national footprint. From Joe Williams out of New Jersey to next year’s Troy Williams out of SoCal. He’s raiding Florida for players. DE is extremely valuable in the recruiting process. Give most coaches good talent and they can coach it up.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I believe Wilson has talent and the capability to be a great qb. Personally I feel Utah wasted him.

Ute Bc
      Participant

He’s raiding Florida for players. DE is extremely valuable in the recruiting process. Give most coaches good talent and they can coach it up.

I don’t disagree that he’s a great recruiter and that wouldn’t change if he was the Offensive Coordinator – in fact it would improve. He would’ve have coached up Travis, maybe not to the level you and I would like but he would’ve done a better job than Arod and Harding. Sorry, if the argument is that Arod and Harding are as good as Erickson as offensive coordinators – I will have to disagree…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.