ESPN

New #22 Tribute

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Northendzone Ute5
      Participant

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

I was pretty choked up at this point last night. Thanks for capturing it all. 

Northendzone Ute5
      Participant

I was choked up as well. Miss those two.

UtesRule
      Participant

Thank you for sharing that, ESPECIALLY for those of us who weren’t there last night.

MDUte
        Participant

I too couldn’t be there last night. THANK YOU so much for posting this!

alUmnUs
      Participant

Just gonna be a bit honest and vulnerable here.

I mean, I didn’t know Ty nor Aaron at all. And because of that, there’s a small part of me that feels out of place mourning them in the fashion of this tribute. It’s a small feeling like, I didn’t know them so I don’t deserve to be part of something that’s supposed to be solemn and sacred in memory of the light they left behind in our University of Utah community.

But, when I consider these tragedies, I feel genuine sorrow and heartbreak for their families. I am so hurt for their families.

The tribute was beautiful. I did feel sadness and, oddly, hope and life when the band lined up in a 22 formation and Ty and Aaron’s teammates ran onto the field. Whatever emotion I was able to put out into the universe being a part of a community’s gesture for these young men who were taken far too soon, I hope it just found a way to connect with their families; and soul to soul, heart to heart, bring them some peace, comfort and hope.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.