Next:
Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

New OC says we’re going to the wishbone and triple option

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New OC says we’re going to the wishbone and triple option

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

stbone
      Participant

I hope we do. I have dreams at night about Wilson occasionally running the option with Micah or Money as the pitch man. That would go a long way towards keeping the defense from teeing off on our interior run game.

Rick
      Participant

Love the sense of humor! Seems like a nice guy and he reminds me a lot of Andy.

Roy Rangum
      Participant

Trolling on your own board Tony?! I had to watch the video to make sure that was said with a smile and a laugh (which it was).

lgt4141
      Participant

At least it would be a change in philosophy! Hopefully him hoping about it means some things will be different.

jshame17
        Participant

Listen to players and shape it to what they do best…..

GENIUS!!!

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

At least we’ll find out if Ludwig is the problem. The players seemed to have lost confidence in the offense. Now playing for pride instead of championship.

Anfernee
        Participant

And NFL scouts are always watching. 5 games left to show your stuff.

chinngiskhaan
        Participant

The only way we answer that question is if the offense performs better. If it performs the same or worse, we still don’t know if he was the problem or not (not until next year when our new OC has had time to install things).

RoboUte
      Participant

Whatever, can’t possibly get worse.

UTE98
      Participant

I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing some two back sets, put Parks, Kuithe, Vincent, Stanley back there and run some plays. Bernard blocks for Stanley to run the wheel route, Stanley/Kuithe/Parks motions out for a pass in the flats/Bernard blocks, or Bernard gets less run blitz. Anything to have options instead of formation A means a run up the middle, formation B means a pass to the TE, formation C means a pass to the WR.

Multiple option sets would allow for IW to possibly have more time and put the defense in the position to read then react rather than know exactly what to do to stop the play.

jshame17
        Participant

TCU used the three back sets pretty well, even though it went to the same guy and side of the field, it’s what they used to seal the game.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

It is good to know we are still laughing about this offense. About the only positive from this cluster of a situation.

Charlie Foxtrot
      Participant

Well, if nothing else he nailed that media availability session. I liked his sense of humor. Hopefully things start trending in the right direction for the offense.

Utah#1
      Participant

There are five games left. The new OC has five games to prove if he’s worth it, and even then, that might not be enough time to fairly judge his entire body of work. If maybe, just maybe he happens to surprisingly turn the Utah offense around completely and have them playing up to their full potential, then maybe it gives Utah a lot to think about bowl season and next season. We will see, only time will tell.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.