ESPN

New offense

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New offense

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      7 1
      Ute Bc
      Participant

Welcome aboard coach Taylor. To go with your new offense you have a new QB, RB, offensive line and wide receivers. Suddenly I’m terrified. 

ironman1315
      Participant

I’ll concede OL and QB. WRs are all experienced. Moss is experienced. We’ll be fine.

Ute Bc
        Participant

Yeah, every player on the team is experienced in that they all have played football.  These are all new starters for the U.  Should be fun – love your optimism

ironman1315
          Participant

Wait, Singleton is a new starter?

Moss is a new starter?

And yeah Carrington is new at the U but it’s not like he played for some scrub program.

Fakailoatonga, he’s a new starter?

Simpkins, unless I am mistake, started a lot of games last year as well. He’s new?

Come on.

Ute Bc
            Participant

Some of them have started because of injury (like Moss for instance) but for the most part, those position groups all have mostly new starters. Experience is not our strength on offense next year.  

1 1
              ironman1315
              Participant

Did Moss start or didn’t he?

Did Carrington start or didn’t he? Is he experienced?

Isn’t Singleton an upperclassman and started?

Fakailoatonga, senior and starter?

We have experience at RB and WR. Not OL and QB.

Ute Bc
                Participant

Yes, sophomore Moss started last year because of injuries.  He had 84 carries last year.  He’s starting this largely because of injury again.  Now the fact that our number 2 is starting may not make you worry but it does for me.  Agree to disagree.

You are correct we have 1 OL who’s not a new starter.

Carrington is new to our team – yes he played and started at Oregon.  Still new to our team and offense as is everybody else.  Singeleton and Simpkins both played last year not sure if Singleton started after Byrd went down or not.

EagleMountainUte
                  Participant

Oline and QB are the two positions that experience matters the most IMO. Utah is lacking a little in that but game reps exist with players on the Oline.  

EagleMountainUte
                  Participant

@Ute Bc  One other thing that just is mostly CAPTAIN obvious is every program deals with turnover and stuff.  Utah has done really well since the talent has risen to the surface since joining the PAC12.  I put Utah in top 25 of coaches that have the ability to deal with turnover by coaching players up.  Carrington is good for a win in a game we probably don’t win.  How much is he a factor in other games?  

Utah is still strong in the trenches despite the turnover.  The Dline might be top five again with two potential first rounders starting and future NFL talent at the two deep.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.