Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

New Wi-Fi at RES

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New Wi-Fi at RES

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

“The University of Utah installed a public Wi-Fi network over the summer to improve fans’ ability to enjoy a better online and mobile experience in the stadium on game day. Fans can locate the network “RiceEcclesWiFi” in their available networks, and connect for free without registration.”

4 1
      GibUtes
      Participant

Let’s hope this works. Not holding my breath that I will have a usable connection, but I will try. They also said that you can order food online (assuming that you can get service), so that might help clear the congestion in the concourse.

GameForAnyFuss
        Participant

If good WiFi is the key to the realization of revenue, you can bet you will have a usable connection.

Charlie
      Participant

I am hopeful. I was on the initial committee to improve fan experience at the stadium 7 or 8 years ago and this was expected long ago. I would think if you could connect a campus full of students on a school day it would only take some simple additions to extend that connectivity over to the stadium for a game day. Maybe Tony understands the difficulty. It will be nice to be able to text for folks to meet up and nice to check other game scores. I would love to know what was needed in the end. Next up on the old to do list, the oldest need, more restrooms so lines don’t form back to your seat.

PlainsUte
      Participant

I can see checking scores and such during longish commercial breaks, but I hate seeing people in the stands on their phones during play. People, you are in the stadium, the game is ON, heads-up!!

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

I will of course attempt to jump into chat for a bit. That’ll be a good test.

Hahnenwk
          Participant

I think they improved the wi-fi in the Huntsman. It seemed to work better the other day than in the past.

utefansince79
      Participant

The real test will some during time outs and half time when large parts of the crowd are checking scores of other games and stats for our game.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.