Fox

NFL CUT DAY-LOCAL TIES

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football NFL CUT DAY-LOCAL TIES

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Zigziggler
      Participant

Obviously, it has been announced that Tim Patrick has been cut. Which by all accounts was because coaches fell in love with Vele. How ironic! Is there any players with local ties that are rumored to be on the chopping block?

Zigziggler
      Participant

Darn autocorrect. Vele

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

Unlike Elon Musk’s 44 billion dollar social network, you CAN edit your posts here.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Terrell Burgess was cut from Buffalo. So far, it looks like Tyler Huntley hasn’t been cut. From what I’ve been reading the last few weeks, most people thought he would be.

ArcheryUte
        Participant

Has Tim Patrick been cut? I thought they were looking to trade him?

fosternano
          Participant

Looks like if a trade doesn’t happen today he’ll get cut. He has some good upside and a cheap contract with some interested parties so he should get traded to a new team.

AlohaUte
            Participant

Or certainly be signed by another team. Honestly, being cut may be preferable to him than a trade as he’d have more of a say over where he goes.

DataUte
            Participant

I don’t know why a team would trade when they could get him in a couple hours on their terms. Unless they want to lock him up and not get in a bidding war? Or offload some guaranteed salary of someone? I guess I don’t know enough of the pros/cons (except Broncos trying to get something of value in return)

Central Coast Ute
              Participant

If I’m not mistaken, he has to go through waivers. If a team wants him but they’re towards the end of the line, they might not get him because someone else can pick him up. Trading for him would be the only way that you can guarantee yourself that you get him. I could be mistaken on the waivers, but I think that’s right.

DataUte
                Participant

He’s been released and will sign with Lions practice squad, hoping to work up to the roster.

PlainsUte
        Participant

Reportedly Huntley is being put on the trading block along with Jameis Winston.

Utah
          Participant

I hope he gets cut and then ends up in Philly.

Huntley isn’t a starting QB. But what he is a QB who doesn’t turn the ball over, athletic, can get the ball to his playmakers. If you build a great team around him, he can get the job done.

That is what Philly needs. A QB that you don’t feel like you need to rush Hurts back if he gets hurt. Someone to just not wreck the Lambo. Huntley would be so perfect in Philly.

Zigziggler
            Participant

Or as talked about Huntley->CHARGERS! Easton Stick can go be a back up in the Canadian League. The guy has been and is awful!

//r00t4Utes
              Participant

No. Huntley wanted to go back home to Miami. Why would you deny him that? Do you hate him?

He and Tim Patrick need to go to the Phins

PlainsUte
            Participant

Huntley is on their 53-man roster along with 3 other QBs. Browns still hoping they can get something (maybe RB?) in a trade for Jameis and Tyler.

//r00t4Utes
              Participant

Crazy to keep 4qbs.

Then MIA can trade RB Jeff Wilson Jr for Huntley

DataUte
          Participant

They kept 4 qbs, so more changes coming. Definitely want some trade value out of probably 2 of them.

AlohaUte
      Participant

Going through team by team, I’m sure I’ll miss some Utes, but here are the cuts I see so far:
      – Javelin Guidry, Lions
      – (BYU Guy) Samson Nacua, Saints
      – Cole Fartheringham, Raiders

But there were a lot of teams (on the ESPN article) that didn’t have any reported yet, so there’s probably more.

AZUTE
      Participant

Thomas Yassmin was cut but is a perfect candidate for the practice squad in Denver

I’d be shocked if he didn’t end up there.

Yergensen
      Participant

Tim Patrick will sign with Lions and start on their practice squad and work his way up.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.