Fox

Obviously Rising hasn’t changed much

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Obviously Rising hasn’t changed much

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      3 1
      EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Good hell he has to protect himself more.

What the hell happened to Dijon? Guy is fast as s**t and can’t get in. I am assuming it is a blocking issue for him.

Kuithe can’t get a call at all.

The audibles from Rising are just wrong. Felt like he made soooo many wrong decisions in that second quarter. Missed wide open guys.

All of this going on is unnecessary and gives Baylor confidence.

That target call is basically video for Officials to learn how to call target. No clue what he was thinking. The standing over the player also doesn’t make me like him at all. Especially after I was fuming over a little shove into a Gatorade CHEST.

When did Gatorade make a chest that needs to be opened by a Wizard. Massive!

The Miami Ute
      Participant

Honestly, this game should be done and dusted. Baylor has zero offense and the only way that they’re going to stay in the game is through Utah mistakes. If Rising can’t come back, watch the second half just be a litany of runs and short passes to mitigate errors by Wilson and the offense.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

no doubt. The D has this game won. Just need Wilson to not let Baylor back in it. As for next week, this D should still be enough. Then you hope that Rising can be back for conference play

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

“This defense deserves more.” How many times have we said that?

Isaac Wilson may ball out someday. I don’t know if it is today.

The Miami Ute
          Participant

If he has a broken hand or finger, he’s going to be out a while

EagleMountainUte
            Participant

Throwing hand as well. I think it was his ring finger or pinky. Probably won’t see him for four to six weeks.

HPrete22
      Participant

i can’t remember, but isn’t rose qb3? isaac may have more talent, but would rose be a better option for big game situations? nothing against isaac just kinda tough being a freshman with this kind of pressure

2008 National Champ
        Participant

Rose is only QB3 because Huard didn’t show up until fall camp and doesn’t know the offense. Wilson passing up Rose is more of an indictment of Rose than about Wilson’s prowess.

We heard a lot of excuses last year about Rose not being in command of the offense but the truth was that as bad as Barnes and Johnson were, Rose wasn’t any better.

Bring on Bottari

EagleMountainUte
          Participant

The way the offense is going it wasn’t much better with Rising in the second.

1 2
      Utecity
      Participant

Joke is on us for believing he’d make it through this season reasonably healthy. Any chance it’s just a sprain?

1 2
        2008 National Champ
        Participant

No one believed that.,, let me rephrase, no one who wasn’t inclined to believe that everything that went wrong for Utah in 2023 would magically go right for Utah in 2024 believed that Rising was a lock to make it through the season healthy.

And Baylor scores again on a gassed defense because the Utah offense can’t be counted on to take more than 23 seconds off the clock each possession.

EagleMountainUte
          Participant

Stupid first week penalties popping up in this game. Again WHY DO YOU PLAY SUU!

The Miami Ute
        Participant

Not on us, the coaching staff. They’re the ones that get paid millions of dollars to plan for stuff like this. Hopefully Wilson develops incredibly quickly.

RustyShackleford
      Participant

Hard to protect yourself against a cheap shot

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

The way he took that hit. It sucks taking a sack but he should have just gone down. I would rather have him force a throw and interception then risk an injury like he did in that run.

Yergensen
        Participant

Cam Rising doesn’t get hurt on that play if he doesn’t run. Throw the ball away plain and simple. How has that not been his plan B for this season?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.