Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Oh. MY. GOSH. Let’s do this

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Oh. MY. GOSH. Let’s do this

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Utah
      Participant

So, normally I’m labeled as a homer. But as the season gets closer and closer, I am getting scared. The more I look at this, the more and more and more I feel like we may slip up this year.

I think all my concern comes from not having seen Troy play. IF he can limit turnovers, we win 9+. If he can limit turnovers and be any threat throwing the ball…the sky is the limit. If he turns the ball over? 7-8 wins.

Argh!!!! Isn’t it tomorrow already!!!!

KiYi-Ute
      Participant

I woke up this morning with the fight song stuck in my head. I’m going to try not to fuss too much about the whole season until after tomorrow. Tomorrow, I just want to enjoy a great afternoon tailgating and a beautiful summer evening at RES while we (hopefully) play up to our potential against SUU. I’ll also be looking for the depth to show up in the 3rd/4th quarters while we give the starters some rest and the younger guys some playing time.

After that? I’ll be in the throes of mental preparation for the Holy War and hoping that we put a whoopin’ on TDS-P.

BD
      Participant

I am getting nervous too. I actually dreamed that BYU beat us 57 – 41. What a nightmare.

Seriously, my biggest worry is injuries. Troy goes down. Tyler isn’t ready yet, or gets injured also. Season over.

I take this stuff too seriously. A bunch of 18 to 21 year olds playing football shouldn’t worry me.

Anyway, I also have a feeling this season can be special. I just need to make that feeling overpower my worry feelings. Seriously, I do think Kyle wants to win BAD. He is a competitive freak of nature! Glad he’s on our team!

Ute Bc
        Participant

That is certainly a nightmare.  If ANY team puts up 57 on us, we are in for a long season.  Yet alone a team with a decimated O line, new offensive coordinator and one dimensional QB…

bigredoso
        Participant

Silver lining- did the offense put up 41? Or all special teams and defense? If it’s the offense putting it up…

noneyadb
        Participant

I heard somewhere dreams display numbers backwards. So its likely Utah wins 75-14. I like it.

KiYi-Ute
        Participant

Hah, I have these same feelings, too. I just try and repress them and cram them in the back of my head with Utah football hype videos and whiskey.

ironman1315
        Participant

I too had a dream about the rivalry game. Utah won 80-3. They scored every time they touched the ball pretty much until we put in Thompson as QB. Also, we were outgained by like 3 yards and so BYU claimed the victory though.

Tomasina
      Participant

Couldn’t agree more.  I have a feeling that as Troy goes, so will the season.  I am not believing the offensive hype until after I see us play the TDS.

leftyjace
      Participant

Breathe.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Now repeat after me.

“I have nothing to worry about.”

“We are going to kick some serious ass.”

Breathe.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Participant

Take solace in the fact that our offense couldn’t possibly be worse than it was the last few years and we still won 9 and 10 games, respectively.

Given that, as long as Troy can get the ball to the same colored jerseys more often than not then we’re in for something great!

We’re taking the P12 this year folks.

BANK ON IT!

KiYi-Ute
        Participant

How I feel at this point in the year.

I really hope you’re right. And I’m out of Kool-Aid…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.