Fox

Oklahoma state Running Game

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Oklahoma state Running Game

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      2 2
      Dallas
      Participant

Looks pretty formidable. I didn’t see the whole game but the touchdown runs schemes looked pretty sophisticated. OL and Ollie look to be very tough to defend.

ProudUte
      Participant

They may be formidable but they didn’t look it today. Gordon averaged a mediocre 3.9 yards per carry. They only ran for 127 yards which is below average. However their passing game was very good today.

22Ute22
      Participant

Their game against SDSU doesn’t show a whole lot. SDSU lost a lot of players I believe. Next week will show us a lot more about Utah and Oklahoma State.

D T
      Participant

#Unimpressed

Anfernee
      Participant

Their strengths are O line, couple good WRs, Ollie and their LBs. Their pass defense is 💩 126/133 last year. And Dakota had some big pass plays today. Even in Stillwater I don’t see how they can defend our offense. And while Bowman looked decent today, I fully believe Morgan and Sharrieff can take advantage.

Sanders
        Participant

In the end SDSU hung 20 points on them and 388 yards of offense…not scared

ukiyoronin
      Participant

SDSU had 124 rushing yards on 28 attempts.

Oklahoma St. Had 127 yards on 38 attempts.

SDSU rush per carry: 4.4

OkSt rush per carry: 3.3

Maybe they just need to iron some things out. I mean, Utah does too. But as it stands today, their rushing attack isn’t as advertised.

Kirk Herbstreet
      Participant

Lets do a fun little thought experiment:

Team A: 39 total carries, 185 yards, 4.7 YPC.

Team B: 38 total carries, 127 yards, 3.3 YPC.

The commentary for one of these teams was:

“Looks pretty formidable. I didn’t see the whole game but the touchdown runs schemes looked pretty sophisticated.”

The commentary for the was:

“Always alarming when we can’t dominate the run game against FCS. It’s partly OL and our RBs.”

Guess which is which.

22Ute22
        Participant

Man, it did NOT feel like we had 187 rushing yards. Also, our run schemes have never been sophisticated…

Same old running up the middle. I want to see tosses to the outside or power runs. Something other than just runs up the middle. I’m not an OC and understand that all “runs up the middle” aren’t the same, but our RB runs under Ludwig have never seemed creative.

Central Coast Ute
          Participant

Lud made Vanderbilt have a decent offense with a running back who was very good while Lud was there. As soon as Lud left, that running back, and that offense took a nose dive.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.