TCU @  Utah
ESPN

OnlyU

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      3 6
      kmc165
      Participant

I have never done this before, but I almost can’t take the Rising what ifs anymore. Is there anything legitimate you can share or that you know regarding his injury/timeline on return?

HEB made his return Friday sound doubtful.

HoosierUte
      Participant

just accept that we aren’t going to know until kickoff. last 2 games there had been all sorts of leaks that turned out to be wrong, including our man onlyu.

UteRapidJazz
      Participant

Dude you just have to accept that Issac is QB1 until you see Cam under center.

Kyle is f**king with everyone and that’s not going to change.

Anfernee
      Participant

He doesn’t know. We don’t know. The Oracles don’t know. One of the strangest situations.

AZUTE
      Participant

I’m not OnlyU but it was a 6-8 week injury. Best case TCU worst case BYU.

Plan on BYU

If Utah loses another game before Cam comes back and the big12 championship and playoffs are gone look for Whit to just go with Wilson the remainder of the season. Thank Cam but it’s over.

Whit plays the game time decision game because he thinks it gains him a competitive advantage…..fyi it doesn’t.

P.S. it was NEVER just a cut.

kmc165
        Participant

Where is the info of 6-8 weeks coming from?

RoboUte
          Participant

There was physical therapist on another thread that basically said “look if you’re wearing this brace here’s the deal” and it wasn’t great, wasn’t terrible. But basically we probably shouldn’t expect Cam for a little while longer though he is well on his way to recovered

thewiz
            Participant

Hmm. 🤔 When was the first time the finger braces which, as you stated, were described in a prior thread, seen on Cam, and when was the last time he was seen with tape wrapped fingers?

Anfernee
        Participant

TCU would be 43 days since Baylor. So basically exactly 6 weeks.

3 3
          Tony (admin)
          Keymaster

Unless he re-injured it, which sounds like he did before the OSU game?

Jim Vanderhoof
            Participant

Game day before the Ok st game reported that Cam had a setback Wednesday at practice and was questionable to start. Remember the betting line dropped 5 points that same day (wed). YMaybe he reinjured it at practice or the setback was he couldn’t throw well enough to start. I don’t why it has to be such a secret.

D T
        Participant

I’ve heard a dislocation, which takes 4-6 weeks to properly heal.

jshame17
          Participant

Have there been rumors he actually had surgery?

Because I have recently heard he went under the knife for tendon damage from someone who typically has some reliable sources. 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 2
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

If Utah loses another game before Cam comes back and the big12 championship and playoffs are gone look for Whit to just go with Wilson the remainder of the season. Thank Cam but it’s over.

I couldn’t agree more and said so as soon as we started on this rollercoaster after the Baylor game. If Whitt has the inclination to keep coaching the Utes after this season, the only logical move is to shake hands with Cam, thank him for his efforts, and ride Isaac the rest of the year, come hell or high water. Now, I can almost guarantee you that if that happens, you can look for Cam to leave the team immediately and begin “preparing” for an attempt at a pro career.

ProudUte
      Participant

OnlyU was also mislead. His post implied that Cam would play aginst OSU. He was surprised the week after.

OnlyU is obviously close to the program and believed Cam would start against OSU. He was wrong based on the information he had.

At this point, we are in the same place we were last season, in that no one knows, even Whitt. This is like a bad recurring dream. In some ways, 2023/2024 have been the hardest seasons for this old Ute. It is just so darn frustrating. (Made worse by the fact that BYU is playing well.)

RoboUte
        Participant

Despite being well informed in the program he also said Cam was all but healed in June of ’23. The gamesmanship of Whitt is pretty much in the realm of outright deception, even toward our own.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

OnlyU doesn’t know. He thought Cam would play against OSU but he didn’t. Literally no one knows.

Onlyu
        Participant

Yeah I wish I had the answer. I’ll just note what many have now seen with their own eyes.

I was there in Stillwater and watched him warm up with the ones, take snaps from Kump and throw 3 – 45 yard go routes in pregame (after the apparent set back). He then took all of the pregame throws with the ones and went into the locker room. When they came out Issac took the field.

I did notice a lack of velocity on throws beyond 15 yards compared to the other QB’s but he doesn’t have the arm strength of Wilson, Rose or Huard if I’m being honest. But there was a difference with the lack of “carry” on the ball.
        Fast forward a week against AZ and he threw the ball in warm ups and back and forth on the field between the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Anfernee
          Participant

Appreciate you, brother. We are all going through this mental gymnastics battle together. Go Utes!

Tony (admin)
          Keymaster

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciation.

cj13
          Participant

It sounds like you’re saying he’s back this week. SWEET! I’ll go all in on the Utes while down in Tempe

Ute Dub
        Participant

He was at the game and watched Cam warm up with the ones, so yeah, what does he know except what he literally watched.

Central Coast Ute
          Participant

No one said otherwise. The OP asked if Cam was playing. I replied he, and no one else knows. A lot of people watched Cam warm up, he didn’t play.

Ghost of the HEB
            Participant

I don’t think God himself knows when/if Cam will take another snap in a Utah uniform. All we can do is make educated guesses.

Central Coast Ute
              Participant

Yep. I’m of the mindset now that Wilson is the starter. And I will continue to believe so until I see Cam under center.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

Going by Onlyu observation Cam must have been cleared to play but unable to grip the ball properly and throw it with velocity and accuracy. He doesn’t want to hurt the team and Wilson gives them a better chance to win. Is that considered analytics or just analysis?

4 4
      22Ute22
      Participant

As much as I love the insider information, onlyU has been quite off the mark with his info this season. The only thing he has said that’s been correct is that Singer is an NFL talent. But his comments about the OL, DE’s, LB’s (especially backups), and TE’s, and WR’s outside of Singer have been wrong.

2 1
        2008 National Champ
        Participant

I’m willing to bust on OnlyU when he’s wrong but you also have to look at the source and realize that he’s evaluating things from inside the silo. So it’s natural that when he errs, it’s on the positive side. The team always looks good when they are practicing against themselves. It isn’t until they actually get to try things out against an opponent that we can truly figure out whether the promise of camp will translate to the season.

Rick
        Participant

Five games in – mostly led by the backup QB and you’re making conclusions like these? The O’line is solid and they may become really good in the back half. The U chose to go with the young tackles and that’s bitten us a few times but I’d say he was accurate so far. How do we feel about the defensive ends if O’Toole is healthy? I doubt we lose contain of Fifita as often in the loss – especially on the final touchdown pass. Unfortunately, Fano got suckered into leaving the outside lane on that play and did a few other times. Tough to get all over him. He’s trying to make plays and has a fair amount to learn. I love the D’tackles.

Where are we with a healthy Reid? Are we better? I do agree with those who think Lander may be a step slow coming back from injury and I don’t know that he was ready to call the defense. My issue isn’t with the backups. I think Fotu and Hall are playing well. Hall could be another special Utah linebacker when all is said and done. My issue is with Lander. I think that I’ve expected too much. He may be a year away from the NFL instead of ready to go after this season.

I do agree that the tight ends may have been over-hyped but I also point back to the quarterback. How do we feel if Wilson hits a wide open Bentley on the stick route against Arizona. It was a touchdown if the ball doesn’t sail on him. What about the throw to Lohner? Too low. If it’s up high? OnlyU is probably more right than wrong. I’ve seen flashes from all six this season. The problem is there are six – an embarrassment of riches.

I do think the wide receivers could show a little more but Singer and Parks have been strong, haven’t they? I hope we see two or three more get involved – Lyons? McClain? the Syracuse player? Perhaps Rising’s return will help here but if two or three receivers and two or three tight ends and a running back or two are getting catches at that point the U will have a damn good offense. That’s six to eight play makers.

I guess that I’m still all in with OnlyU.

Uteanooga
        Participant

I don’t remember anyone suggesting he is a soothsayer.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.