Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

OnlyU, what exciting news can you share with us

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football OnlyU, what exciting news can you share with us

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      16 1
      ProudUte
      Participant

Football camp starts in less than 10 days. OnlyU, is there anything new and exciting that you can share with us.

If you can’t tell – I am anxious for football season to start.

6 1
      ProudUte
      Participant

I am posting here just to keep this post on the first page – in hopes that OnlyU sees it and responds.

Onlyu
        Participant

Plenty of buzz around Huard’s arm talent. It will depend on how quickly he can grasp the playbook but remember he’s a former 5 star kid. At one point he was a top 30 ish kid in the US so he has some crazy QB potential.

IMO it could turn out to be best case scenario. Cam this year, Sam next with a RS if not forced to play, and then Issac as a RS Soph (with Wyatt behind him).

That said, we’ll see how camp goes. BRose has a head start in the offense BUT has struggled previously to fully grasp the playbook. One way or the other we’re going to need a capable backup this year.

Singer is the best receiver on campus since Carrington but we also have a lot of real depth on the field besides him at WR.

A lot of experience returning across the board…so close to getting going but really not many glaring holes on the roster. Lander is a monster…he will shine brightly this year. Tao will surprise and be very good and so will Smith. DL is ridiculously deep. Best top to bottom O-line we’ve ever had imo. FULLY healthy Cam, Brant and Micah. RB room that understands blocking scheme and pass pro fully (not the case last year) so can throw out of 12/13 personnel.

Just an exciting time for the program. High expectations but the talent and experience to back it up. The season is always a grind and crazy things happen but as of today this is our best chance of reaching the post season!

ProudUte
          Participant

Wow, if this is the case – we should have an amazing season!!!

Best top to bottom O-line we’ve ever had imo.

Onlyu
            Participant

Our O-line is young but extremely talented. I believe that at least 4 in the top 10 will eventually play on Sunday’s.

22Ute22
          Participant

Is LB depth not a concern? Barton and Reid are great, but with the loss of Damuni, it seems like Fotu is the only other quality LB. Speaking of Damuni, is he for sure out for the season, or is there a chance he can come back later in the season?

ute3333
            Participant

Reynolds Calvert Andrews

1 1
              22Ute22
              Participant

Andrews is a freshman and wasn’t even a 4 star, so I doubt he’ll be good this year. Even Barton struggled a bit during his true freshman year and he was much more talented. Reynolds is a complete unknown. Calvert is solid I guess. I still think losing Damuni is gonna be a big loss if he is out for the season.

Rick
              Participant

Remember – Reynolds saw time as a freshman – much like Fotu. There may be mission rust but the linebacker room is solid. Any more depth and you’d have players transferring – like Medlock did from last season when it became clear Fotu was ahead of him. The other Calvert brother transferred because he wanted playing time rather than be depth in our linebacker room.

We’re in good shape at all levels for a few injuries to each position group on defense except cornerback. We have a number of them but probably just two-deep at each position. I would argue we are three-deep at linebacker.

D T
                Participant

That reminds me of CJ Blocker & where he’s at in his progression….Haven’t heard much from him since he joined our program….4-star rated.

Onlyu
                  Participant

Very important camp for Blocker but I believe he’ll make the jump and climb into the mix. He’ll be ready for what they throw at him this camp.

Fotu is the 3rd backer without question. Besides the names already mentioned (Reynolds is a stud) Jonathan Hall is also a name to watch (if he doesn’t win the SS job outright). He’s built like a brick s**t house and is very physical. I’ve always believed he’s had a chance to end up in the box. We’ll see how he comes into camp but I think he could easily add 15 lbs and move closer to the LOS if he decided to do so. That SS battle is one I’m very interested in.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.