Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

OS Trap Game?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Trailgoat
      Participant

OS is a well coached team I hope the Utes take seriously and start out fast. Win the turnover margin. Utes should be able to throw and likely run on OS. Utah’s defense biggest challenge this week on the road. OS Oline and Utah’s Dline will be a good battle.

PlainsUte
      Participant

While the upcoming UCLA game may be pivotal in the South race, don’t think the Utes would overlook or take lightly a team with the same record as the Utes and undefeated at home.

UteBacker

I would hope that after losing to 2 G5 teams the Utes will resist the urge to look past anyone.

Ute Dub
      Participant

I think our Utes know what being “down” is like and hopefully want no part of that going forward. Time to ball out and win.

Onlyu
      Participant

My two cents…I don’t think it’s a game you can look past so not sure it counts as a trap game. I understand why it feels that way though but I’m pretty sure everyone knows what’s at stake with this one. Maybe they even wake up with the Ducks beating the Bruins and are in an even better spot.

If we can stop the run we’ll win by a few scores and probably going away. They’ll struggle big time with our tight ends. They aren’t great against the run themselves so I think we can be very balanced and difficult to stop. They also aren’t very disruptive on defense which should give Cam time to pick them apart…our passing game is much better than theirs provided it doesn’t rain like crazy

The only way we lose this one, besides the multiple turnover piece, is if we can’t get them off the field and they eat up the clock and score.

If they are able to limit our possession by holding onto the ball we’re in for a battle. I think we see that 4-3 set up, assignment sound, gap control, with not a ton of pressure or risk. If the QB is on in the throw game the back half will be challenged but I’m not overly concerned with him being consistent in the air.

This game fits Whit…Stop the damn run and we win.

belli1976
        Participant

Rain rain go away. Living in the Portland area the rain has come with vengeance after a very dry summer. Looks like it will be a very wet game. Bring your rain gear if you are coming up for the game.

Crazyforu
        Participant

All great points.

The point about UCLA and Oregon is a good one too. Basically, if Utah wins the next 2 weeks, I have a hard time seeing how they don’t win the South. The rest of the schedule would be Zona, Colo, Oregon, and Stanford. 

Now if Oregon State gets Utah, Utes are still in a really good spot, doesn’t obviously lessen the margin for error though.

Things set up awful nicely for this group, on the back stretch.

Hellhound152
      Participant

Can a road contest against a team with a winning record actually be considered a “trap game”?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.