Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Pac-12 Pickem Game Update

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions Pac-12 Pickem Game Update

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

I’m making quite a bit of progress (it’s about midnight now and I’m going to pay for it tomorrow at work) on the Pac-12 Pickem Game. It will actually be capable of being any kind of pick’em game (football, basketball, beach volleyball hehe).

I’ve got the following database tables setup and able to post, edit, delete, read data from an admin: teams, weeks, seasons.

Teams: There will be a database of all the teams in the Pac-12, and any other teams we put in the application (like say when USC plays ND later in the season). Each team entry will have the team name, location, and a team logo.

Seasons: In order to organize each year they will be broken down in seasons. That way we can have a season long leaderboard which won’t interfere with next years, or whatever.

Weeks: Week’s will have a basic ID or name so we can look up “week #4” and see the results. By having the start date/time of the week’s first game, it will “hopefully” allow users to make their picks and magically close the entries at game time, or whatever time I set. Also in there will be season (linked to the season table for organization, and status. On status I’m thinking a week will have a few different states: Current or Active, Completed, Future. Obviously a user should not be able to change picks for a completed game. Woa. Brain just exploded.

It will all make sense soon. I have two more sets of tables to work on which will probably take another day or two (user picks, games). Then I can figure out how to setup some screens to read the data in… I realize it may not make sense now, but I’m stoked.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you for all of the hard work. This site is amazing and you must be crazy good at what you do.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

Crazy yes. When I get a project like this in my head I get pretty obsessed with it. Couldn’t even sleep much last night.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

7:52am 8/19/16. The games tables are done. Those keep track of each game, the home team/road team, score, week number, season…

89ute
      Participant

I’m am SO EXCITED FOR THIS! Can’t thank you enough!

KiYi-Ute
      Participant

This sounds awesome! Thanks for the hard work!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.