ESPN

PAC 12 Snatches Gonzaga

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football PAC 12 Snatches Gonzaga

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      1 4
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

Is UNLV next? What do you guys think about Utah leaving the Big XII and returning to the PAC 12? The PAC 12 still needs one more football-playing member with the Zags leaving the WCC and not having a football component. Currently, the PAC 12 members are Wazzu, Oregon State, Boise State, Colorado State, Fresno State, San Diego State, and Utah State. I’m not going to lie, I much prefer that slate of teams to those in the Big XII, provided the PAC champ gets a spot in the CFP, but that’s just me.

UteThunder
      Participant

The only way Utah should even consider it, is if Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, and Stanford are also going back, AND there is an auto-bid to the playoff. Otherwise, stay in the Big XII.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

No. Utah has a good situation currently. I dislike the Big12 but reality is it is the best scenario right now.

Football is kind of moving things right now. Utah needs to continue the trend of a winning tradition. National pundits overall look at Utah and think Whittingha smash mouth football. So when he retires you have to maintain that. Losing at home to unranked teams is something you really don’t want to do though. It doesn’t help that BIG10 bid.

OmahaOmaha
      Participant

Move to the P12 with those teams? I’d fire everyone associated with that decision on the spot — the President, the AD, the Associate AD’s, their spouses, kids, aunts and uncles — everyone would have to go.

Ute Dub
      Participant

If conference money payouts and TV deals was not a consideration, I would love this idea.

4 1
      Ghost of the HEB
      Participant

We would talk a bunch of s**t about how we’re gonna run the conference and then we’d lose a home night game to SDSU

Yergensen
        Participant

Word

The Miami Ute
        Participant

If you look at the historical record, I’d bet you that Utah has lost, at home, to most of those teams. The one I’m most familiar with is the total ass-whooping that Boise State laid on us in 2006. Due to the proximity of Boise to SLC, there was a massive away contingent and boy, didn’t they just wear out their welcome?

utefansince79
      Participant

For right now Big12 has more prestige than what is in the Pac and very unlikely the Pac gets a media even close to the one for Big12, so I would say Utah stays put until the next big shuffle.

Heike
      Participant

Not only “no,” but “Hell No!”

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.