Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Paging OnlyU on WR’s

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Paging OnlyU on WR’s

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      22Ute22
      Participant

So something I’ve wondered about our WR room is how much separation they can get and how fast they are. Dorian Singer, Damien Alford, and Munir McClain seem to all be more of contested catch type WR’s, rather than players with elite separation skills.

Pittman is unknown and I heard he had a slight injury that might keep him out of week 1. So is Money Parks the only WR that has breakaway speed and separation ability?

Onlyu
      Participant

Singer, Parks and Alford I think can all get deep and with some separation. Pittman is a possession/intermediate guy who is strong as hell. Might keep him out of SUU but that would be precautionary, if at all.

Young guys have a lot of potential in that regard but are green.

The reason I’m so high on our passing game is we have skill at all 3 levels, back out and QB. We’re just going to be really hard to defend. If you can protect which I believe we have the potential to be elite at and Cam stays healthy we should move the ball very effectively through the air.

ProudUte
        Participant

OnlyU, someone on here suggested that we may see Damuni play this season. Is that a possibility?

Anfernee
        Participant

Only-U Kanobi, let’s say that hypothetically a 5⭐ WR from Utah was announcing his commitment on October 30th, what would you say our chances are currently? Hypothetically of course.

Anfernee
          Participant

🎱🔮🙏

Dallas
          Participant

I believe OnlyU previously gave us a 60/40 shot at that hypothetical 5* receiver.

triage24
        Participant

Yeah, just seems like Utah can move the chains so many ways. The defense has to account for Singer and for Kuithe. So if you can get Parks / Alford / Pittman / King open consistently, it’s going to create matchup issues.

If we can complement that with a solid Bernard / Mitchell run game, opposing defenses will have to stay honest.

Then they’d still have to account for Bernard receiving out of the backfield and keeping tabs on Rising tucking and running.

I can see Ludwig scheming to exploit each Ds’ weaknesses and changing game plans by the week.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.