Next:
Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

Per Coach Whitt about Ludwig

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Per Coach Whitt about Ludwig

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Monday press conference: Andy Stepped down on his own. Not pressured. Whitt said he (Andy) was at a loss as to why the offense wasn’t succeeding.

7 1
      ironman1315
      Participant

I don’t believe at least one of those.

Tednab
        Participant

Lol .. his credibility .. whatever just fix this mess and utilize the weapon you have . Too much wasted talent

Charlie Foxtrot
      Participant

Total speculation on my part, but I bet the offensive players had been giving their respective position coaches an ear full for the past several weeks. Most likely the receivers and the tight ends have been the loudest. So the noise has probably been making it’s way up the chain with Ludwig knowing it’s his system that is failing.

If the Arizona and TCU defenses can both hold you to 13 and 7 points respectively, your system and schemes have failed. Utah’s offense is certainly not taking advantage of the skill sets of most of it’s offensive talents.

jshame17
      Participant

🐂💩

If this is true and Whitt didn’t take any action, then I’m back to calling for Whitt to be removed for dereliction of duty.

I really really wanted to feel like Whitt finally got proactive…. 🤬🤬

TruckStopTerrors
        Participant

I believe Whit came to Ludwig and told him I’m going to have to demote you. Ludwig understood the offense has been trash and his playcalling along with it and stepped down. Whit likely did the classy thing by not telling everybody he had approached him about being demoted. It makes Ludwig look better in the process etc. So yeah, I suspect the version Whit told us probably didn’t happen. You heard Whit post-game and how adamant he was about offensive changes incoming. This is imo both Whit and Ludwig being classy about what was a bad situation.

pedro
        Participant

You obviously have never managed people before. Sometimes a good employee does something stupid or stops performing to an acceptable level and it is hard to let them go. So you present a realistic look at life which leads them to decide to leave before you can them. Very effective. But haters hate.

coachklein
      Participant

Do we believe anything Whittingham says at this point?

RoboUte
      Participant

Whitt said he was at a loss as to why the offense wasn’t succeeding.

I would’ve at least had a lie queued up that didn’t make me look incompetent.

3 1
        jshame17
        Participant

Good liars always use smoke and mirrors by sprinkling in some truths to throw you off the trail.

If Whitt said he knew why the offense has collapsed, given his track record of OCs and average at best offensives over 20 years, who would believe him?

I think Whitt is telling the truth with that 1 sentence.

If that comment was I. Regards to Lud not knowing why the offense collapsed, that’s even worse

7 1
        Utah#1
        Participant

That is just plain and simply him denying the truth and unwilling to admit it to himself he’s failing/failed. Had Ludwig not stepped down, Whitt wouldn’t have done a damn thing! Just tells you, Whitt now needs to retire/step down! His response is pathetic and can negatively hurt the program going forward for his ignorance.

RoboUte
          Participant

Not knowing why your football isn’t footballing is admitting failure when you’re the head coach of a football team.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

I realize that may have been interpreted as Whitt being at a loss. To clarify I edited my post. It was Andy who was at a loss.

RoboUte
          Participant

I’m not even sure that’s better, but it is funny

ironman1315
        Participant

That’s a misquote. Ludwig said that.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Interesting information.

Feel like you understand it in a few different ways. Seems like Whitt doesn’t give a s**t about what Ludwig does. Or Whitt is a liar trying to make Ludwig save some sort of face.

Am I to believe the chants got to Ludwig?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.