Up Next in FB:
Southern Utah at  Utah
Big 12 Now / ESPN+

PK said something this morning that …

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football PK said something this morning that …

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ProudUte
      Participant

I did not think this was true. But, I checked, and he was right.

He is at the Big 12 media day and said that after Utah plays Ok State and Arizona – they only play one more team that had a winning record (in 2023) the rest of the season. I thought, that couldn’t be true. But, the only remaining game we have after September that had a winning record in 2023 is Iowa State that had a 7-6 record.

This is a lot different than our days in the Pac 12. I have always felt that our toughest games would be OSU and UA. If we can get past those two games without a loss, we should be in very good shape.

Go Utes!!!

MDUte
      Participant

OSU is the big one for me. Arizona’s in trouble this year. They’re gonna get payback when they come to RES…that’s going to be a beat down.

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

Agreed. I’m not worried about the AZ game at all. I guarantee Whitt and Scalley have that game circled.

UofU Fanatic
          Participant

I get what you guys are saying, but I wouldn’t say I’m not worried at all…
          Excellent QB and a lot of talent still. I’m worried but at same time feel confident that we will get the win

D T
        Participant

The only concern is U of A will be coming off a bye, while we’re coming off a physical road game against OKST.

We should still win that game comfortably, but that would be the only thing that would give me pause.

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

I’ve mentioned this before, but this is smart scheduling by the B12. Give your legitimate contenders the easiest path possible to the playoff. The SEC does it, and the P12 didn’t. Larry Scott and his parity philosophy sounds great for the sport, but if you’re the only one doing it, it will hurt you. If you can’t beat them, join them.

tanute3
        Participant

Also scheduling the toughest games early for your perceived contenders so those teams have enough time to crawl their way back up in the polls throughout the year should they lose… in CFB, a late loss is significantly more detrimental than an early loss.

Yergensen
      Participant

Utah football under Coach Whitt fact: we start slow.

While the schedule is favorable, it starts fast with 2 of our 3 toughest conference games.

Get both of those and we’re cooking with gas.

Start slow and we’ll be dealing with a smaller margin for error.

Utah
      Participant

Cam Rising is 19-1 vs teams that are as equally talented or less talented than Utah.

There is not a single team we play this year with more talent than Utah.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Schedule start is nice to just see exactly where Rising is at. That is all I am watching for. Utah should be favored or 50/50 in all games this season.
      Road games are my main concern obviously. Utah will go undefeated at home this year.

I don’t think I am worried about Rising’s abilities it is just the knee and his ability to create with his legs.

Trailgoat
      Participant

OSU is a must win game on the road for Utah. The OSU game tells us a lot how good Utah truly is compared to the Big 12 competition. Can Rising and KW win a big game on the road? Utah beats OSU and OSU loses to KSU the next week on the road essentially eliminates OSU. A lot at stake for Utah early on in the season.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.