Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Play from Scalley I cannot for the life of me understand

Beat Arizona Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Play from Scalley I cannot for the life of me understand

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      rbmw263
      Participant

Was the cover 0 blitz on third and goal from the 10 with DBs playing 9 yards off. You HAVE to have at least the inside corners in press there. Playing off forces them to defend literally the entire route tree. WR just runs up to you and makes their cut 1 yard before they reach the DB and its easy money.

No way bobo is that open on an easy inside slant if Clark is in press coverage. If you are running an all out blitz you have to jam the WRs for as long as possible to give the defense time to get home, not give them an easy and obvious slant to the slot. Just awful play design, and an easy of a read and execution as it gets. On a huge play in the game.

RedUte14
      Participant

I was thinking the same.

The Miami Ute
      Participant

For a little while now, I’ve been souring on Scalley as the heir apparent to KW, whenever he hangs it up. Maybe that would have been the path to follow 15-20 years ago when Utah was in the MWC. Nowadays, with Utah’s prolonged success over the last decade-plus, I think we can do better than some guy, for all his local ties, that hasn’t had any head coaching experience.

RoboUte
        Participant

I reckon he’s getting tired of KW not retiring and phoning it in.

Charlie Foxtrot
      Participant

Exactly.  Might as well blitz all 11 players cause the end result is going to be the same.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Not only that, but didn’t we do it TWICE? 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.