Next:
TCU @  Utah
ESPN

Players only meeting?

Donate in the 2024 Fundraiser! Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Players only meeting?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ArcheryUte
      Participant

OC hinted that there was a players only meeting after the game and there are some rumors floating around.
      Due to the heartbreak on Friday night, I took the weekend off from social media and football.
      I’m back and ready to be hurt again.
      What were the rumors coming out of the players only meeting?

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

So you like abusive relationships… Got it. Haven’t heard about a players only meeting.

RoboUte
      Participant

I wrote after the game “words are being exchanged as we speak”

Kyle announced it earlier today but that team was never going to really play with Cam at the helm ever again. I’d be interested to know what demands the players will be making this week and how the coaches respond.

RustyShackleford
        Participant

I don’t understand what you are saying? The players said they wouldn’t play with Cam?

RoboUte
          Participant

I wasn’t there. They could’ve talked about ice cream. But if we make a few educated guesses we can come away with a few safe bets. For example. One safe bet for a topic of conversation is quarterbacks.

utefansince79
      Participant

Possibly they agreed that as a unit, they are playing well below their talent and abilities and it’s time they stopped feeling sorry for themselves about injuries, tough decisions by the officials, and results just not going as we expected heading into the season, and that it is time to buckle up and play harder and better.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Participant

A players only meeting would be time to air out any issues players are having with schemes coaching and how to move forward. Team leaders will relay the message to coaches.

I think the only issue the players might have with Cam is the long leash he was given Friday. The offense played well but Cam couldn’t deliver. If I was on offense or defense I would wonder why the coaches left Cam in when their mantra from day 1 was who gives the team the best chance to win plays. Cam clearly didn’t give them the chance.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

It’s not a players only meeting if it is being reported back to the coaches. That would only further divide the team if they thought their words could be held against them.

2008 National Champ
      Participant

Is OC Ludwig or someone in local sports media? I’m outside of Phoenix so I don’t always get the references.

Rick Walker
        Participant

He’s talking about Sean O’Connell I think

Utah#1
      Participant

When Urban Meyer was coach at Utah for the two years, he said the players held an only players meeting, and as result from that meeting, Urban said the players made a team promise to each other that they were going to ball out for themselves and for Urban realizing how much Urban really carried about them. I believe that team meeting was held in Urban’s first year at Utah. As a result of the first year, the second year they made history and broke the BCS. So, sometimes players only meeting can be beneficial positive thing. If the players did have an only players meeting to air out grievances, hopefully it helps them move forward in the right direction…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.