Next:
Utah @  Utah State
CBS Sports Network

Positional Weakness/transfer portal

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Positional Weakness/transfer portal

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Zigziggler
      Participant

What positions is our biggest weakness going into the season? Are we looking at any transfer to come in late to resolve?

7 1
      Dallas
      Participant

RB is still a weakness IMO.

2008 National Champ
        Participant

I’d call it unsettled instead of a weakness. There’s talent in the room but we don’t know whether anyone will demand the majority of touches like Moss, Booker and JW4 or if it will be a collection of parts like 2021.

Utah, running Ludwig’s offense, will get yards on the ground. It’s just whether or not the run game can be dominant enough to keep Rising from having to save drives with his legs that is truly the question.

ProudUte
          Participant

2008, I agree with you that the RB room may be unsettled. We do have some very good talent, especially Bernard. I hope a couple of the redshirt freshmen can step up and help us out.

IMO, if Rising can run the ball successfully 4-6 times a game – our running game will be very good. Rising can keep the opposing D from zeroing in on the RBs when he keeps the ball in the RPO.

bopahull
      Participant

The Oline and secondary have me a bit worried. I think the RB room has enough talent that RB by committee would actually work well.

HeyyyUguyyys
      Participant

I think you could make a case for LB being concerning. We are already down Damuni and nobody knows how Barton is going respond post injury until he gets a couple of games under his belt. We are a Reid injury away from needing to rely heavily on young/inexperienced back ups. Calvert was a highly rated player coming out of HS, but it’s hard for me to trust in him a lot given that he is a red shirt senior and hasn’t made noise yet in college.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.