Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Program Sustainability what's your perception

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Program Sustainability what's your perception

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      UTE98
      Participant

So I was thinking last night as I was watching our Volleyball team play Arizona as I kept seeing ads for tonight’s BB game.

I think we have a better chance at sustaining success in BB if Coach Krystokowiak were to leave than we probably would if KW left. Currently we have Connor, as a good candidate for a replacement, but we also have Al Jensen and a few others who could be candidates in the future. Big Al won the NBDL coach of the year and has worked with the German national team in addition to 7 years playing in Yakima and Europe. Yes, I may be a bit biased about Al. Andy Hill has good experience as well. And let’s not forget Phil Cullen who is soaking it all in. What ever happened to Chris Burgess, I know he was a GA or coach at Utah a couple years ago.

So anyway, what do we have if Kw leaves? GA? I’m not 100% sold on him. He’s good but could he maintain what we have? Pease and Erickson aren’t coming out of semi-retirement to take over that’s for sure. Would Brian Johnson come back after a few more years? Would he be ready? I know A-Rod is a controversial candidate so I won’t throw his name out there, but who do we have as good candidates? Or does the AD try to find another Urban Meyer? That in my opinion was a once in a lifetime non-legacy hire. Matt Wells? Jay Hill? Norm Chow ain’t getting a look. So who?

• This topic was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by UTE98.
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Let’s hope that KW is happy here and wants to keep his family here. Otherwise I’d think Hill would go outside of the current staff since we have the dough now, and have been well established as a force in the Pac-12.

On the bball end, any disciple of Majerus is a good idea in my book. I think (hope) LK will be here for a long time though. I think he wants this to be his gig until he retires.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.