Utah @  Houston
ESPN+

Quick thought:

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      7 1
      Utah
      Participant

Huntley is going to be good. 70%+ completion percentage. Very impressed with his arm on the run. Kept his eyes up when running and made some great decisions after his first terrible one. 

If he puts a little less on two early throws, he has two more passing TD’s. 

Instead he came up with almost 300 total yards and 3 TD’s. 

Not too bad for your first start.

ironman1315
      Participant

And ked 7/10 scoring drives. Six inches to the right and it’d be 8/10. 

KiYi-Ute
      Participant

This is why I’m glad that Coach Taylor is a proven QB coach. I believe that he will be able to effectively coach on these moments and we will see development as the season progresses.

I like what I saw from Huntley tonight for the most part. I think he has the potential to be special. But I think we need to wait until we see him (and Coach Taylor’s playbook) go up against P5 competition before we can be optimistic.

ironman1315
        Participant

Not sure I disagree. We had red zone issues against SUU. Then again I’m NYU and again in SJSU. I think if we see consistent production all of the first three games we’ll have what we have in the P5 games barring injury.

1 1
      ladyinred
      Participant

I agree, I was very impressed with his arm on the run. And everytime he threw it felt like he was going to connect.

I wasn’t totally in love with his running though, except for obviously the QB designed run for a TD. He just seemed to get stuffed almost everytime he tried to run ahead, especially in the 4th Q when it seemed ND had figured out his schtick.

I agree with KiYi, we’ll have to see how this translates to P5, although ND was a very good team. Probably better than many P5.

ironman1315
      Participant

Also, I think that Huntley kept it on frame almost every throw, save a few. Very few were away from the receivers body. Kid was accurate no matter what throw he used. Just need to fix the deeep ball a touch and we’ll be set.

Mr Chainsaw
      Participant

I was impressed with his ability to throw on the run.  It’s something I saw from his high school film and it looks like it translated.  How long has it been since we had a QB that could roll out like he’s going to tuck the ball and run but still make an accurate pass?

oc_ute
        Participant

a little steve young / mike vick ish

AllInUteFan
      Participant

I hope Tayler helps him progress.  I don’t recall him throwing to the left side of the field or progressing through his reads, but I’ll have to rewatch to confirm.  He looked antsy in the pocket and resorted to scrambling quickly.  Call it first game jitters.  

Still, a good start with room to grow.  

ironman1315
        Participant

He did some progression NA, and usually did well with them. I think he was 50-50 in that regard.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.