Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Ranking Disrespect

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ranking Disrespect

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      RedLine
      Participant

The PAC has 2 teams ranked in the AP top 25. Utah’s only loss was at the goal line. Noticeable teams ranked above Utah : Houston (also 5-1 but ranked at 13) who has only played 2 P5 schools and not in succession, Florida State with 2 losses including getting humiliated by Louisville, Oklahoma sitting at 3-2 on the season.

I know only the top 4 rankings ultimately matter and the true measure is the not from the AP but it’s pretty blatant disrespect.

Utah
      Participant

East Coast Bias. They rank what they see. They don’t stay up to watch the PAC-12 play. Look at last week. Other than USC/Colorado, every PAC-12 team played at 9 ET or later. That is Larry Scott’s biggest failure. 

Utah
      Participant

Also, HUGE SEC bias here. HUGE. Look at teams ranked from the SEC or South: Oklahoma, Florida State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn.

P5 Wins: Texas (2-3), TCU (4-2), Ole Miss (3-2), Miami (4-1), Georgia (4-2), LSU (3-2), Mississippi St (2-3). That’s it. Out of 5 ranked teams, they have wins over 7 P5 schools. 

Utah has wins over three P5 schools alone (BYU, USC, Arizona…and, yeah, if the SEC can count BYU as a P5 school, so can I). 

There is no way that Oklahoma, FSU, Ole Miss, Auburn or Arkansas should be ranked. Those are all very average teams. 

BUT, let’s play devil’s advocate here:

Look at the PAC-12. Who do you put in?

WSU, with a loss to a FCS school? 

ASU, who was blown out by USC? OK, yeah, ASU should be ranked right now. There is no excuse for ASU not being ranked. 

Colorado? Who was blown out by Michigan and lost to a USC team with a poor record? 

ASU has an argument, but other than that, the PAC-12 has done nothing to show that they deserve more respect either. 

The good news is, is that by the end of the year, the record’s will even out and the PAC-12 will end up with 4-5 ranked teams like every year…not because people care or watch, but because 4-5 schools will end up with 9+ wins. 

Utah
        Participant

What the PAC-12 needs to do is stop the Cali schools playing each other (which helps out Utah big time) so we can go back to an 8 game conference schedule. 

Instead of the PAC-12 ending up with 4-5 teams with 9+ wins, they will end up with 5-6 teams, which means more ranked teams, which means more prestige and better kickoff times. 

Also, it would make Boise St and other G5 schools less relevant, because if you have to ranked an 10-2 Boise St team or a 9-3 USC/UCLA…Boise St falls off the rankings. 

The SEC is doing it right. Schedule down in OOC, play 8 conference games, play a late FCS team. Protect those kids, am-I-right? 

Anonymous
          Inactive

Nah I like 9 conference games.  They should keep it how it is and change the playoff format.  Make the P5 Champions auto bid. <br>

EDIT::::
          Also they should force P5 schools to a 9 game schedule and no more FCS schools.

Utah
            Participant

I’m ok with a 9 game conference schedule if all P5 schools are doing it. If any conference plays 8, then it’s a fools game to play 9. You’ll never be as “good” as the conference that plays 8. 

Anonymous
              Inactive

SEC looks pretty weak outside of Bama.  TAMU and Tenn have so many problems.  

RedLine
                Participant

Tenn has the same problem as Utah – Injuries. Talent is there. I think Vols can take down Bama at home.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.