Next:
Utah @  Arizona State
ESPN

Ranking the remaining schedule IMO

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ranking the remaining schedule IMO

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      1 1
      EagleMountainUte
      Participant

1-Oregon Herbert is freaky good. 

2-Washington Browning/Petersen is kryptonite for Utah and KW. 

3-USC Going to be a dog fight all game. I think Moss will have a good day again. 

4-Stanford thought about ASU but we both know this will be a heavy weight fight. Their QB is not good not good at all.  

5-Colorado seems to aggravate me more than anyone in PAC. 

6-ASU almost tempted to put them higher. 

7-Arizona give me more of the Tate I saw last night. Throw those bombs from your own five all night. He must have had a lot of luck with that on his own defense. So I imagine Huntley should air it out on them. 

8- Washington St truthfully I didn’t see them play. I don’t have much regard for them to start the season. 

9-NIU meh. 

10-TDS 

11-fUCLA can’t wait to smash Chip Kelly in his debut 2 win season.  

KoolWhitt
      Participant

We all know that analyzing after week 1 is probably not a great idea, but here goes:

I admittedly did not watch the Oregon game, but they gave up 400 yards of offense at home to Bowling Green.  That, to me, is more concerning than anything I saw from Utah.  We had some sloppy play that can be cleaned up; Oregon’s defense probably won’t get a passing grade against a single PAC team this year.  Not saying the game against the Ducks will be easy by any means, but it seems it will pit strength against strength: our D vs. their O.

USC was very unimpressive at home against a middling MW team.  That game was tight until the 4th quarter, when UNLV simply ran out of gas.  USC gave up some big plays and, honestly, Daniels had some truly crap throws despite a lack of pressure.  Make him rush his throws and he will be even worse.  St. Brown was their only receiver who stood out to me; good thing we have two shutdown corners and a couple of ballhawk safeties.  They have a stable of running backs, too, but our D-line and linebacker should be able to contend with them.  I feel better about USC this year than I do most years.  I like the matchup for us in 2018.

San Diego and Little Brother just provided the blueprint for how to beat Stanford and Arizona.  Amazing how bad two heisman frontrunners were in games against lesser competition.  Stack the box aganist Stanford to stop the run, and trust our secondary to make the QB beat us with his arm.  Our D-Line should crush Arizona’s patchwork O-Line; Khyiris Tonga was absolutely dominating them and I don’t think he’d start on our D-Line.  

The only team I’m more worried about now than I was a week ago is ASU; they seem to have our number and we play them on the road this year.  As long as they aren’t an absolutely dumpster fire, which so far they have proven not to be, that game will worry me.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.