Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Rose at QB – OnlyU?

Welcome Cowboy Fans Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rose at QB – OnlyU?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      4 1
      tanute3
      Participant

OnlyU (or anyone else), could you share some details about how Rose was progressing at QB prior to his injury? Sounds like the general consensus was that he was slated to be QB2 behind Cam and was making positive strides in practice/camp, but haven’t heard anything more beyond that. Seemed like Whitt was optimistic about his improved decision making too. I thought he looked solid in the Red/White game. Would love to learn a bit more about his progress at QB.

2 7
      UtesRule
      Participant

We don’t need OnlyU to confirm this. He was QB1 coming out of Spring ball and was QB1 in fall camp before the injury.

tanute3
        Participant

Right, I think we’re all aware of this fact. More so looking for some commentary/context as to Rose’s development as a QB (i.e., strengths, weaknesses, chemistry with certain WRs, arm strength, reading of defenses, etc.)

Anfernee
          Participant

I am interested in what his favorite dance style is. i.e Perhaps The Charleston? Rockin’ and Boppin’? Twistin’ and Shoutin’? Maybe Moonwalkin’ or Macarena?

RoboUte
            Participant

Ooo now these are dated.

Anfernee
              Participant

Volunteering at the senior citizens center you get to learn all kinds of new moves! 🕺💃🕴

Onlyu
                Participant

Actually Brandon struggled early in camp but was starting to settle in and figure things out when he got hurt. His arm talent is quite a bit better than both Barnes and Nate but processing against a very good defense in camp was a struggle at first.

Nate has the physical tools but lacks the experience so is sometimes fairly deliberate and I think it still shows. He seems to make progress each week though so his development is on track. If he’s able to put it all together he could be special BUT today throwing isn’t his “strong suit.”

Bryson is by far the most comfortable with the offense out of the three and that’s why they roll him out there but he has plenty of limitations (thus why he wasn’t a heralded recruit).

The QB room is in a great spot with Cam healthy and a steady, if not boring, experienced back up and two high potential young guns (with more on the way) figuring out how good they can be.

Find a way to win this Sat and all that potential growth starts to manifest in the right ways.

Anfernee
                  Participant

Think we get the bulk of our D guys back who missed Florida or Reid who left mid game?

tanute3
                  Participant

Thanks OnlyU! Great stuff. I’m optimistic about our future at QB with Rose getting up to speed reading defenses, Johnson getting more comfortable passing, and Wilson coming in with what appears to be a high level of natural talent. Appreciate the insights!

cj13
                    Participant

Don’t forget about Mack Howard. He was a high three star

The Miami Ute
                  Participant

OnlyU, many thanks for the insights on the QB situation. Based on your knowledge of the program and the talent level currently there at QB, do you give Isaac Wilson any chance to be QB1 for the Utes next season?

Onlyu
                    Participant

I guess it’s possible but it would be shocking. Both Nate and Brandon would be in year 3 and have a significant advantage. I’ve heard the surgery Issac had last week was more of a bandaid to allow him to play his Sr. season so sounds like he has some downtime in his future. If it’s more than 3 months in recovery it probably hurts his chances year 1 as well.

The Miami Ute
                      Participant

Oh wow, I had no idea that Isaac had any surgery. I googled it and found that he underwent minor surgery to remove bone fragments on a knee on 28 AUG…but then he played on 2 SEP…that’s bizarre…..I’ve never heard of anyone playing so soon after having surgery.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.