Next:
Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Saw this interesting take on Baylor chat board.

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Saw this interesting take on Baylor chat board.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ukiyoronin
      Participant

This is just for something fun to talk about. It seems like Baylor fans are pretty reasonable for the most part on this forum. I just had to laugh at this take, so I thought I would share.

“Kuithe is definitely a stud. But he too is coming off a big time injury. They have zero receivers who should scare our secondary. And their backs are pretty average. I think we can keep them contained defensively”
      Text source

Guess we’ll wait and see if their secondary contains our passing corps. Who knows, maybe they will.

5 1
      Dallas
      Participant

It’s hard to know how good our receivers are based on the SUU game. SUU’s pass coverage was pretty terrible.

7 7
      2008 National Champ
      Participant

Other than Utah fans stating that this receiver corps may be Utah’s best ever, what have you seen this season to tell you that Baylor fan is wrong?

Charlie
        Participant

What did the Baylor fan see to think that? Five scoring drives with several long chunk plays and quickly the starters left the game in the first half displayed very little offense from the starters. It would seem the majority of the take comes from watching the 2s, 3s, and 4s. Utah did not even have to introduce a new play to get a second long TD. Love their confidence to contain the bottom of our roster.

Cam did have rust. We saw him smooth out more on each drive. I expect he will have a jump in timing and accuracy in game 2 and as the need arises will work his way thru the receiver inventory that we have yet to deploy.

5 3
          2008 National Champ
          Participant

The quote above was that Kuithe is a stud coming off a long-term injury. True.

Pt. 2 was that Utah doesn’t have receivers they should be scared of. To be determined.

There wasn’t anything in what was quoted that is anywhere near controversial.

Charlie
            Participant

I suppose I could just say there is no reason for the Baylor fan to be scared of WRs that have yet to go to work but they could be quite scared of just 1 TE and 1 RB that can make the passing game score at will. The game in general only tells them SUU had no answer for what little they saw. As for being wrong, the Baylor fan could look at what Singer did at Az and hear the whisper ‘they have something to get concerned with’.

ukiyoronin
        Participant

It’s all just talk. But to my eyes, the Singer / Kuithe combo looks scary.

CityCreekUte
      Participant

If Singer doesn’t worry you I guess you are pretty good… or something.

Onlyu
        Participant

No doubt in my mind Singer plays in the NFL. The fan might not be concerned but I guarantee you the DC is.

Anfernee
          Participant

Exactly. The people who actually watch film, who do this for a living and know ball. Not Bailey from Baylor. JFC

The Miami Ute
          Participant

If he had delayed gratification by one year. Singer would be playing in the NFL this season. His move to USC after having a monster 2022 season with Arizona was the mother of all bad decisions.

6 2
      EagleMountainUte
      Participant

Last year was a brawl for a reason Utah didn’t have a play caller on offense.

I am not too worried about the offense. In fact I see a relatively high scoring game. Utah’s defense hasn’t shown me anything but the cliche can’t contain running QBs.

BUBearsFan
        Participant

I’m back from my very short time here last year. Baylor was also missing the starter at QB. Utah was Sawyer Robertson’s first start in college following Shapen’s injury in game 1.

Hellhound152
          Participant

Real talk, are you equating the drop off from Shapen to Robertson vs. the drop off from Rising to Barnes/Johnson? I am not judging, but I am saying one of these things is not like the other…

The Wandering Ute
      Participant

I read through that thread and the rest of the board. I think most Baylor fans are pretty level headed in considering this a very different Utah team then what they saw last year, and with both teams playing FCS teams in their openers, there’s not a ton to garner as far as what changes have truly happened.

I mean, between Singer, Parks and Lyons, we saw what, maybe 5-6 targets before starters got pulled? I can see the point of not being scared, but that’s only because they wouldn’t even really know what’s there this year.

I do think Utah shows out a little more this year, and isn’t afraid to blow teams out if they can.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.