Next:
Southern Utah at  Utah
ESPN+

Schedules and Results Updated – New Countdown Widget Added

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Ute Hub Site Schedules and Results Updated – New Countdown Widget Added

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

As mentioned in a previous post, I’ve been working quite a bit to update some of the site features, fix bugs, increase performance and improve user experience here. I’ve just published the first update, which is the Sports Schedules and Results component here on the website. There aren’t many visible changes except the styling is tiny bit different on the website version. That said, under the hood there have been many, many improvements.

I did a lot of upgrades to the back end administration to make it easier for me (or someday a volunteer?) to setup sports, seasons, schedules, games, rosters, scores and so forth.

There are no visible changes to the Schedules in the mobile app, however the code that supplies data to that component was touched, so poke around there and see if everything works!

I also added a “widget” that’s currently at the top of the forum list and in the home page as well as a few other place. It does a “countdown” to the next event on the schedule. That’s a widget I was hard coding in raw html every weekend after each game, which didn’t have a live countdown. Sometimes I’d get home real late from a game and forget to update it for a day or two. Now it “should” be automatic in terms of swtiching to the next upcoming game when the date/time of the previous game elapses. When I switch over to a new upcoming theme, that widget will be at the top of most pages. We’ll see how the countdown widget really works in 44D 0H 7M 29S!

MDUte
      Participant

You’re the man Tony, thanks so much!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.