Utah @  Oklahoma State
Fox

Scouts Impressed with Travis Wilson

Welcome Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Scouts Impressed with Travis Wilson

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Wilson’s Mustache
      Participant

Rumor is that Scouts were impressed with Travis Wilson’s performance on Pro Day. It sounds like he will get an opportunity to play QB at the NFL level. Supposedly, they were most impressed with his ability to move at his size. Athleticism was used the most.

Whether this translates into a draft pick I have no idea, but I have a feeling he will get picked up by a team as a free agent if they don’t grab him with a late round pick.

Sounds crazy, but they know more than we do.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wilson has a lot of talent and abilities.  Not saying he is Osweiller but he has similar build and athletic abilities.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

That’s surprising. He would need a lot of work. Maybe an NFL team would have the resources and staff to develop him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

My bet is still Pro Beach Volleyball.

I listened to the Jake Murphy interview covering Travis Wilson and his Pro Day. My interpretation: lot of political nice, nice speak coming from the scouts. Bottom line, the kid never had the mental aptitude to make the reads, bore did he have the proper mechanics.

Just look at the reports from the current Utah spring camp. Huntley role out to escape the rush and completes 25 yard pass downfield. Travis Wilson never did that his entire career. He was incapable of throwing accurately while on the run and he always bolted the pocket.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Participant

For what it is worth Travis made some big plays during spring & fall camp too.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wilson’s size and up/down mobility is his selling point.

Accuracy and above the shoulders game defeat his selling points. He may get a look, but if you’re a marginal position player trying to make an NFL roster, you do so on special teams.

Tony (admin)
        Keymaster

Maybe he can get in and just be on the meat squad for a while to work on it. Learning against an NFL defense would be big.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.